cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Tracking for large models

AlexK
14-Alexandrite

Tracking for large models

Hi Community,

We have a use case using Vuforia Studio in which we need to place a digital model onto a truck, to see if it fits. After the user walks away from the thingmark, there is a noticeable hop, when the user returns to the thingmark and the camera picks it up. This is not precise enough for our use case.

AlexK_0-1658916546943.jpeg

we need to place the AR model of the tipping container (marked in red) (approx. 4-5m long) onto a new truck to see where to mount the side panels, tool boxes etc.

What is the best and proven way to place it with precision through a thingmark? 

We are using a Ipad Pro with lidar, the persist map and extended tracking options of the 3D container don't seem to improve the tracking.

Best wishes,

Alex

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @AlexK ,

Is it mandatory for you to use a Thingmark ?, If not, then i think advance model target would be more beneficial in your case

Thanks 

BR,

Mohit

AlexK
14-Alexandrite
(To:Mohit_Kabra27)

Hi Mohit,

The customer does not have the 3D model of the trucks, so we would neet to design and manufacture a part, that will be used for the tracking.

Have you seen someone do this before?

Best wishes,

Alex

Hi @AlexK ,

So in past i did prepared a few similar experiences (for different machine with approx same size) and i would suggest, here Advance model target would be a good solution 

Best Regards,

Mohit

Top Tags