cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Tracking for large models

AlexK
14-Alexandrite

Tracking for large models

Hi Community,

We have a use case using Vuforia Studio in which we need to place a digital model onto a truck, to see if it fits. After the user walks away from the thingmark, there is a noticeable hop, when the user returns to the thingmark and the camera picks it up. This is not precise enough for our use case.

AlexK_0-1658916546943.jpeg

we need to place the AR model of the tipping container (marked in red) (approx. 4-5m long) onto a new truck to see where to mount the side panels, tool boxes etc.

What is the best and proven way to place it with precision through a thingmark? 

We are using a Ipad Pro with lidar, the persist map and extended tracking options of the 3D container don't seem to improve the tracking.

Best wishes,

Alex

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @AlexK ,

Is it mandatory for you to use a Thingmark ?, If not, then i think advance model target would be more beneficial in your case

Thanks 

BR,

Mohit

AlexK
14-Alexandrite
(To:Mohit_Kabra27)

Hi Mohit,

The customer does not have the 3D model of the trucks, so we would neet to design and manufacture a part, that will be used for the tracking.

Have you seen someone do this before?

Best wishes,

Alex

Hi @AlexK ,

So in past i did prepared a few similar experiences (for different machine with approx same size) and i would suggest, here Advance model target would be a good solution 

Best Regards,

Mohit

Top Tags