cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Using Model Target to Recognize Different Angles From a Model

rgomes
7-Bedrock

Using Model Target to Recognize Different Angles From a Model

Hello, team!

This question may sound stupid but is it possible for me to use (in Vuforia Studio) multiple model targets to recognize different angles from an unique model? I wasn't able to use the MTG (Model Target Generator) to do so!

For example: I have an experience that assists the user to fix a pump. The experience will be started by recognizing the model from its right side, but the second step needs to be done in the front side of the pump; the third step from the left side, etc - therefore, I need the user to recognize each side before proceeding with the steps.

Is it necessary for me to do separate experiences? Is there a way to make the model recognizable from multiple viewing angles within the same experience?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sdidier
17-Peridot
(To:rgomes)

Hello,

Actually, the only solution is to use multiple Views in the same Experience to have multiple Model Targets.

After that, it is needed to switch between each Views.

In your use case, when Sequence is finished to played in the View, it is possible to show a popup with a button to navigate to next steps in another Views.

Another solution, is to have only one View with only one Model Target.

A Model Target (as well other Targets) is to initialize and positioning the 3D Model in real world.

When finishing a Sequence and a new point of view of mobile, tablet or 3D eyewears is needed (to change the part of 3D Model displayed),  it is possible to display some icons in Experiences.

The goal is to explain that a move is needed by end user to have the right angle to view next steps. 

From my point of view, this last solution is the right one from a mindset of AR and Vuforia Studio workflow.

Best regards,

Samuel

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
sdidier
17-Peridot

Hello,

Actually, the only solution is to use multiple Views in the same Experience to have multiple Model Targets.

After that, it is needed to switch between each Views.

In your use case, when Sequence is finished to played in the View, it is possible to show a popup with a button to navigate to next steps in another Views.

Another solution, is to have only one View with only one Model Target.

A Model Target (as well other Targets) is to initialize and positioning the 3D Model in real world.

When finishing a Sequence and a new point of view of mobile, tablet or 3D eyewears is needed (to change the part of 3D Model displayed),  it is possible to display some icons in Experiences.

The goal is to explain that a move is needed by end user to have the right angle to view next steps. 

From my point of view, this last solution is the right one from a mindset of AR and Vuforia Studio workflow.

Best regards,

Samuel

Hi @rgomes,

additional to @sdidier 's replay want to add the following  possible options.

The think where you have a 360 target recognition is the Advanced Model Target 360 database  in Vuforia engine. So you can create a  small unity application which is used solely for model recognition and when the model is identify will call a Vuforia studio via calling a deep link. So the problem is then the correct position . So you can some combination with a image or  thing mark target to set then the correct position. Also a model target could be used but in this case from particular position. I do not think that a good solution but I want it to mention as possible option.

Another option is to  copy the project e.g. 30 times and then for each copy to create an additional model target. Then for each project you can use Project Thumbnail which show the different model target. Let say your projects are published on server with particular URL. In this case you can set in Vuforia view the URL to the server where the projects are published and then see the project as menu for selection on the  Library tab. This is similar a suggested option by   @sdidier but do not require some additional preparation of the view selection.

2019-08-01_12-57-27.jpg

Hello, guys! Thanks for the fast responses!

I'm going to try @sdidier's solution first, since we aren't planning to use Unity at the moment!

@RolandRaytchev, that's a very nice idea but it would be nice if I was able to call an experience directly from another one, without having to go to my library! 😞 I guess it's not possible, right?

I'll keep you guys updated! 🙂

rgomes
7-Bedrock

Hello again, team!

I accepted the solution provided by @sdidier because it already attends our needs! Honestly, I forgot it was possible to have multiple views and alternate between them in the experience.

Thanks for your attention as well, @RolandRaytchev!

Top Tags