cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

View Navigation Menu is never hidden

lwietschorke
1-Newbie

View Navigation Menu is never hidden

Hello,

In my project the "View Navigation Menu" is never hidden. I tried "Enabled" and "Hidden", nothing changes, it is still there. But in the quadcopter tutorial it works with "Hidden". So how can I adjust this setting in my own project? Why doesn't it work with that setting?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Lara

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mwassmann
5-Regular Member
(To:lwietschorke)

A new copy / template functionality is introduced with the release later today. This function will be reachable in the dashboard of studio in the top of each tile.

Lets see if the issue is solved in that release.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi Lara Wietschorke​,

"View Navigation Menu" works fine in my custom Project. I am able to hide Navigation Menu using this setting.

Which Studio version you are on?

Are there any errors in the logs?

Hello,

I had also same problem in previous project. I was copying the views between the projects and in some point this checkbox stops working.

Everything seems to be configured good. Even the appConfig.json has line:

"mainNavigationMenuStyle": "noMenu",

No errors in logs either.

During this copying we switched from TWStudio 1.10 to 1.11 and then to 1.12.

mwassmann
5-Regular Member

1.12, clean project, no customizations done?

It works fine here -

or is it, as stated by the community, a copied project?

if you use 1 view, it should be hidden automatically from the beginning.

Thanks for all the answers. As mentioned by Adam Macierzyński I copied a view and I use CSS to customize it. There was no switching of versions between the project I copied it from and the project I copied it in (Version 1.12). There are no error logs. At the moment there are two views in the project.

So the reason why hiding the menu doesn't work anymore is that I copied a view? Martin Wassmann, is there any other recommended way to create and reuse view templates?

mwassmann
5-Regular Member

A new copy / template functionality is introduced with the release later today. This function will be reachable in the dashboard of studio in the top of each tile.

Lets see if the issue is solved in that release.

I copied now the existing project in which I had the problem and it is hidden now! Thanks for your help!

Yeah, Copying project folders doesn't display it in the homepage, but anyhow they are present and can be accessible by changing the url to refer to the name of the project. Instead, you can zip the folders and use the latest feature of Studio Import which will enable to display in the homepage.

Like it very much.

Thank you Martin for the information!

Top Tags