cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Vuforia Experience Service 9.0.x Windows Silent Install

MikeMurray
9-Granite

Vuforia Experience Service 9.0.x Windows Silent Install

Unattended Windows Installs to C:\ptc\studio-es, even though properties file has installDir=K:\ptc\studio-es.

start /W K:\ptc\Vuforia-Experience-Service-9-0-1-b1025-852-windows-installer.exe --mode unattended --optionfile K:\ptc\vuforia-install.properties

(Using WSL on the Windows machine)

ls /mnt/?/ptc/studio-es/bin/start*

/mnt/c/ptc/studio-es/bin/start-es.bat

grep -Ir 'studio-es' /mnt/k/ptc/vuforia-install.properties /mnt/c/ptc/studio-es/configuration.json | grep  'C:\|K:'

/mnt/k/ptc/vuforia-install.properties:installDir=K:\ptc\studio-es

/mnt/k/ptc/vuforia-install.properties:dbDatafileDir=K:\ptc\studio-es-store

/mnt/k/ptc/vuforia-install.properties:dbDatafile=K:\ptc\studio-es-store/db.sqlite

/mnt/k/ptc/vuforia-install.properties:projectsDir=K:\ptc\studio-es-store/projects

/mnt/k/ptc/vuforia-install.properties:repsDir=K:\ptc\studio-es-store/reps

/mnt/k/ptc/vuforia-install.properties:upgradeDir=K:\ptc\studio-es-store/upgrade

/mnt/c/ptc/studio-es/configuration.json:    "datafilePath": "C:/ptc/studio-es-store/db.sqlite"

/mnt/c/ptc/studio-es/configuration.json:    "storePath": "K:/ptc/studio-es-store/projects",

/mnt/c/ptc/studio-es/configuration.json:    "storePath": "K:/ptc/studio-es-store/reps",

/mnt/c/ptc/studio-es/configuration.json:    "storePath": "K:/ptc/studio-es-store/upgrade"

5 REPLIES 5

Hello Mike,

I have 3 questions :

• Why use WSL to install Vuforia Experience Service in Windows ?

From my point of view, we use WSL to do development of cross platform application in Windows and in Linux.

Vuforia Experience Service has a specific Windows installer who similar command line should work in Command Prompt.

•     Do you reproduce the same issue in Command Prompt using similar command line with Windows install wizard ?
  • Are you using Linux package or Windows install wizard of Vuforia Experience Service ?

Best regards,

Samuel

1) I'm NOT using WSL during the install.  (Notice the slashes and drive references.)

start /W K:\ptc\Vuforia-Experience-Service-9-0-1-b1025-852-windows-installer.exe --mode unattended --optionfile K:\ptc\vuforia-install.properties

2) I have no need to reproduce other scenarios.  I only want to use the scenario that isn't working correctly.

3) Windows

I first generated vuforia-install.properties using the Windows Wizard.  I then replaced with paths in the generated properties file with Ansible variable references, to use it as an Ansible template file.

Version 9.0.2 install has the same behavior.

Thanks, Mike.

Hello Mike,

Thanks you very much for your details. it is more clear for me now.

Does the grep command is executed in your install process ?

grep -Ir 'studio-es' /mnt/k/ptc/vuforia-install.properties /mnt/c/ptc/studio-es/configuration.json | grep  'C:\|K:'

If my understaning is correctg, in a such case C:\ string should be replace by K:

We can see the result is right for other strings except this one :

/mnt/c/ptc/studio-es/configuration.json:    "datafilePath": "C:/ptc/studio-es-store/db.sqlite"

Here root drive is C:/ not C:\, it is output by grep command because we studio-es

To be more accurate, we need the vuforia-install.properties modified with Ansible variables and the exact command run to run installer with it.

Thanks you very much.

Best regards,

Samuel

The grep was run on the properties file passed to the installer and the configuration.json produced by your installer.

Even after adding .txt extension to the two files, your web app fails to accept them as attachments. 

"Sorry, unable to complete the action you requested."

So, I'm including the properties file contents here:

# Silent/Unattended Installer Properties
#   https://www.ptc.com/support/-/media/support/refdocs/Vuforia_Experience_Service/9,-d-,0,-d-,0/ESInstallDeploy_173159.pdf?sc_lang=en

# INSTALLATION OPTIONS

installDir=K:\ptc\studio-es
dbDatafileDir=K:\ptc\studio-es-store

sslCaFile=<redacted>
sslCertFile=<redacted>
sslKeyFile=<redacted>

useSsl=True

unattendedmodeui=none
installType=new

#debugtrace=Name of the debug file
debuglevel=2

dbUseSsl=False
dbType=SQLiteHandler
dbDatafileName=db.sqlite

authType=twxUser
twxAdminUser=Administrator
twxAdminPwd=<redacted>
#twxAdminToken=     None            # SSO only

protocol=https

twxConfigurePublicAccess=True
mtgEnable=True

# CONFIGURATION OPTIONS

clientId=studio-es

dbDatafile=K:\ptc\studio-es-store/db.sqlite
projectsDir=K:\ptc\studio-es-store/projects
repsDir=K:\ptc\studio-es-store/reps
upgradeDir=K:\ptc\studio-es-store/upgrade

httpsCertType=pem
pemPassphrase=None
isEncryptedPem=0

defaultDomainName=thingworx.kalypso-int.com
esPort=2019
#redirectUri=       None
twxUrl=https://thingworx.kalypso-int.com:8443/Thingworx

Hello Mike Murray,

Thanks you very much for the files.

It helps me to reproduce the issue locally in my laptop with Vuforia Experience Service installer 9.0.2.

I didn't check with 9.0.3 who has just been released.

Also, in my laptop, I had a previous installation.

So, I am not sure if it has been detected or not.

In installation log file, I didn't found a verbose who explains this behavior or bug.

So, I have reported a JIRA ticket to R&D to have a reviewed about that.

More details in this article :

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS342012

I will update it with feedback from R&D.

Best regards,

Samuel

Top Tags