cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Vuforia Studio Experience Manager

mmarkenson
12-Amethyst

Vuforia Studio Experience Manager

Hello Vuforia Studio community!

This past week the PTC user AR/VR Technical community and Vuforia product management discussed visualization and management of your organizations experience server. The Product Management team would like share a Vuforia Studio experience developed to help you manage the experiences you've published. Import and publish this experience as you would with any other project. Next use your device to get information about the experiences published. The experience can be used to unpublish unnecessary experiences.

Attached are the project files

Some helpful tips:

Icon Meaning
device.jpg The device the experience is published for
lock.jpg The experience requires authentication
Download.jpg The experience is available for download

Feel free to comment with your feedback and thoughts!

-Marty Markenson, Vuforia Product Management 

9 REPLIES 9
jmikesell
15-Moonstone
(To:mmarkenson)

Subject of this post does not do justice to the significance of this. This is a massive improvement over having to dig stuff up in Postman or CURL. This is really elegant and useful.

Only improvement I can think of is a way to sort the data grid by a column. In my use I intend to only ever have on experience per Thingmark which doesn't always happen and if I could sort by the Thingmark column this would be easy to spot.

Glad you think this is an improvement and thanks for sharing your feedback! This is helpful for the product team as in defining how experiences are managed

-Marty

Ike@ACE
13-Aquamarine
(To:mmarkenson)

It seems that this Manager no longer works with the latest update to Vuforia. Is there an update to the indispensable Studio Experience Manager coming soon, hopefully?

Hi Ike@ACE , thanks for reporting this issue!

yes currently this seems not to work, but I do not believe that the experience manger has an implementation issue , I believe that the current issue is based on an issue of the data Grid widget (and possibly also the repeater) which lead to the incorrect wrong display in the Experience Manger. So this what was reported in https://community.ptc.com/t5/Vuforia-Studio/Data-Grid-Widget-Appears-to-not-be-working/m-p/869073#M11631

I reported some time ago this issue to PTC R&D team as Jira VTS-1469. and fix is ready and need to be released soon. In the post mentioned above I will announce when the fix is release, so I am sure that this also will be solved with this. 

fix verified Studio 9.11.1263.0 (2D Widget) and 9.11.0.1302 (3D Widget). - so I think , here is the first item related to the Experience Manager

JR_10180367
5-Regular Member
(To:RolandRaytchev)

Has this been confirmed to work? I just tried this today in both preview mode and on my phone and it does not seem to be working.

Ike@ACE
13-Aquamarine
(To:JR_10180367)

Just so you're aware, I was told to never publish the Studio Experience Manager. So, you might run into a problem there. Once I update Vuforia Studio - which I have been putting off because of issues with my Microsoft work account not allowing me to go into the Store; I really do not like this latest update to the VS update system - I'll let you know if it worked for me, at the very least

Ike@ACE
13-Aquamarine
(To:JR_10180367)

First, it was easier than I expected to do the update. The must have streamlined the process a lot more since the last time I tried it. Thank goodness.

Second, once I installed the update, the Studio Experience Manager that I had installed worked like a charm.

Hi @mmarkenson 

Thank you providing the complete zip file for managing the Studio Experience. I could not understand how you created a thing and bind it to the data grid in the studio. But it is still working in my studio.

I wanted to add the few columns in the data grid with published user information (publishedBy) as well as published date (publishedData) in addition to the grid provided in this sample .

How to add the additional information within the grid ?   Please see the attachment for the details. Is creating a thing and binding its properties is the only way to do this, I will appreciate if you could provide explanation in details to do this also.
Thanking You.

Top Tags