cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Vuforia Studios / Vuforia View - Manually Log In/Out

MarcoNFT
9-Granite

Vuforia Studios / Vuforia View - Manually Log In/Out

Hello,

i have another question. I hope i'm using the topic search section right, but i can't find answers for my questions.

When i scan my Thingmark with Vuforia View or when I'm going to Preview in Vuforia Studios i have to Log in with username and password. 

autthentification for thingworx data.JPG

I have to this step only once. After i logged in Vuforia Studios and Vuforia View remembers the Log in credentials and i don't have to do this again.

Is it possible to manually Log In and Log Out with different User everytime?

Is it possible to log out automatically after a defined timeout? For example after 10 minutes?

For example:

User A scans the Thingmark and logs in to view the experience. User A finishs and logs out.

User B scans the Thingmark and logs in to view the experience. User B forgets to log out but the system logs out after 10 minutes timeout automatically.

Sorry for my bad english and thank you for your help again.

Best regards Marco

4 REPLIES 4

Are users A and B using the same Vuforia View end device (phone, tablet) in this scenario? If you do not enable the 'remember me' option when logging in, then users will be forced to login when viewing any experience that requires authentication. 

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

Yes, user A und B are using the same Vuforia view end device (tablet).

If i'm not enabling the "remember me" option it works. But that is not reallly the solution i was looking for.

I need to manually log out with a logout button or something and a timeout log out after about 15-20 minutes.

Do you have any idea, how to do this?

Ike@ACE
13-Aquamarine
(To:MarcoNFT)

The command you are looking for (in HoloLens) is here: https://support.ptc.com/help/vuforia/studio/en/index.html#page/Studio_Help_Center%2FEyewearViewAndHololens.html%23

The command is: "Hey View, Clear Credentials"

pjahn
16-Pearl
(To:MarcoNFT)

Behind every Vuforia Experience Service, ThingWorx is ready to enable authentication and authorization. Every user who logs in to access an Experience is actually logging in to ThingWorx. And ThingWorx offers the option of logging out, for example with a REST call. Perhaps this is an approach: https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/Logging-out-and-redirecting-to-an-URL/td-p/584790

Top Tags