cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Vuforia View can't login

Allison_Andrews
1-Newbie

Vuforia View can't login

I recently changed my Vuforia password, so I know that is not the issue. When I try to sign-in on the Vuforia View app, I am told my credentials are invalid. When I attempt to reset my password and enter the verification code, I am told "Your email address is now verified. Click "Continue" to reset your password." However, when I click "Continue," I am told, "An account could not be found for the provided user ID." I am using Vuforia View on an IOS device.

15 REPLIES 15

Hi @Allison_Andrews ,

Are you using PTC support link to reset the password? Could you please review the below knowledge article to reset the password.

How to reset PTC web account password

rogt
4-Participant
(To:ytella)

Hi, I'm having exactly thec same issue.  I can login to the Vuforia studio trial, but all of the same 'authentication' errors occur when I try to log in to Vuforia View.  I have re-set my password but this has not fixed matters.  Thanks.

ytella
17-Peridot
(To:rogt)

Hi @rogt ,

Could you please share the vuforia View log file to track the issue. Here is the knowledge article to get the log files:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS283816

Also, could you please key in the Experience Service URL in the device browser(where the Vuforia View app is installed)  in the below format and let me know if your username is displayed after successful login:

https://<es-url-hostname>/ExperienceService/username

rogt
4-Participant
(To:ytella)

I'm still no nearer resolving this.

I response to your suggestions

a) logfile is attached ..

b) yes .. the username roger.thomas@sunderland.ac.uk is displayed after the login method you suggested below ..

Also, could you please key in the Experience Service URL in the device browser(where the Vuforia View app is installed)  in the below format and let me know if your username is displayed after successful login

Hope you can help as the trial period is nearly expired !

Many thanks, Roger.

For me, changing the password can be an issue beetween Vuforia Studio and Thingworx Composer. Can you go there : https://twx.studio-trial.vuforia.io/Thingworx/Composer/index.html with your url from the trial ? And check the credentials?

rogt
4-Participant
(To:AlexandreMG)

I followed the link you sent and can login with my trial username and password no problem.  Not sure what you mean by checking credentials ?

AlexandreMG
13-Aquamarine

clipboard_image_0.png

Do you find your mail ? Check the password and try to change it inside of Composer 

rogt
4-Participant

It will not let me change the password .. the error message is ..

Error changing password: Unable to Invoke Service ChangePassword on roger.thomas@sunderland.ac.uk : For input string: ""

rogt
4-Participant

Update; on the User page when I select edit, I am informed I do not have permissions to do so.

AlexandreMG
13-Aquamarine

So I cannot help you... But why do you need to put your credentials in View, it is not mandatory.

rogt
4-Participant

Ok thanks.  I need to login to View in order to access the library, for assets and projects etc.  I need to trial the Vuforia Studio system thoroughly so to make an assessment as to whether I can recommend it to the SME's.

Where do I go from here in trying to resolve the issue?  It has been ongoing over 2 weeks !

Regards, Roger.

AlexandreMG
13-Aquamarine

To access the library, you just need to put the url in View, no need of the password

rogt
4-Participant

Thanks but which URL, is this generated along with the Viewmark for example ? And where do I put it ? Is there some documentation ?

Also it doesn't really solve the issue, if I am demoing this to potential clients I'd want to be able to show full functionality.

AlexandreMG
13-Aquamarine

In the settings of the app, you have Experience Service for Studio and you put the url of Vuforia Studio. It is better if you follow that : https://www.ptcu.com/enrollment/student/fundamentals-of-ar-development-with-vuforia-studio

rogt
4-Participant

Ok thanks Alexandre, I do appreciate the support.  I will try what you suggest.

Regards, Roger

Top Tags