cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Vuforia View for other AR glasses/Unity + Vuforia Engine

Pawel_D.
8-Gravel

Vuforia View for other AR glasses/Unity + Vuforia Engine

Good morning.

I have two questions:

1. Does PTC plan to create some software to view Vuforia Studio Experiences on AR glasses similar to Hololens 2? Or maybe support Vuforia View for other AR glasses (for example Magic Leap 2) ?
2. If I will use Unity and Vuforia Engine library, I will be able to use .pvz files from Creo Illustrate in AR projects?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Pawel_D. ,

so far I know there is plans about  support of further eyewear devices in the pipeline but there is no official information when and for each apps this will be released. So I believe that I saw that there is planed soon support for Vuforia Capture on Magic Leap (not sure 1 or 2) and possibly also for Vantage support. I do not know if there is plan for View app. 

Currently supported for View app  -here want to refer to Supported Devices and Operating Systems PTC Vuforia Studio Help:
http://support.ptc.com/help/vuforia/studio/en/#page/Studio_Help_Center%2Fcommon%2FViewSupportedReq.html

When there  will be some change this will be documented there. Studio supports (View app) HoloLens 2 and Real wear (for the eyewear devices)

If you need a specific information about some devices , please, let me know, so I could ask PTC R&D (with internal ticket) if some information about development plans is available for this specific device.

So in Unity you can use ModelTargets which are generated with PVZ model. But the augmentation is based on the unity functionality and so far I know it still does not support PVZ (as native functionality). Possibly there are some commercial provider who provides some convert filter or tools to the supported in Unity formats

So in unity the supported 3D formats Unity could be checked here

https://docs.unity3d.com/2020.1/Documentation/Manual/3D-formats.html#Exported3DFiles

So possibly you can use your cad app to export your files to one of these formats. e.g. using some converter tools or e.g. form the native application. For example in Creo Parametric you can use "save as" functionality  to save a model to specific format e.g. obj format which is supported by Unity 3D directly. But you can use the blender cad app  as intermediate  tool where you can export to some of the formats what is supported by blender and then import this file to blender app where you can save it for further usage in unity.

Regarding  Creo Illustrate - so  published files will be available only for the pvz format and could not be loaded directly to Unity 3d. You can check if there are some third party assets for unity which allows usage of PVZ files.. So far I know there are no such assets provided by PTC.

https://assetstore.unity.com/?q=ptc%20vuforia&orderBy=1

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Pawel_D. ,

so far I know there is plans about  support of further eyewear devices in the pipeline but there is no official information when and for each apps this will be released. So I believe that I saw that there is planed soon support for Vuforia Capture on Magic Leap (not sure 1 or 2) and possibly also for Vantage support. I do not know if there is plan for View app. 

Currently supported for View app  -here want to refer to Supported Devices and Operating Systems PTC Vuforia Studio Help:
http://support.ptc.com/help/vuforia/studio/en/#page/Studio_Help_Center%2Fcommon%2FViewSupportedReq.html

When there  will be some change this will be documented there. Studio supports (View app) HoloLens 2 and Real wear (for the eyewear devices)

If you need a specific information about some devices , please, let me know, so I could ask PTC R&D (with internal ticket) if some information about development plans is available for this specific device.

So in Unity you can use ModelTargets which are generated with PVZ model. But the augmentation is based on the unity functionality and so far I know it still does not support PVZ (as native functionality). Possibly there are some commercial provider who provides some convert filter or tools to the supported in Unity formats

So in unity the supported 3D formats Unity could be checked here

https://docs.unity3d.com/2020.1/Documentation/Manual/3D-formats.html#Exported3DFiles

So possibly you can use your cad app to export your files to one of these formats. e.g. using some converter tools or e.g. form the native application. For example in Creo Parametric you can use "save as" functionality  to save a model to specific format e.g. obj format which is supported by Unity 3D directly. But you can use the blender cad app  as intermediate  tool where you can export to some of the formats what is supported by blender and then import this file to blender app where you can save it for further usage in unity.

Regarding  Creo Illustrate - so  published files will be available only for the pvz format and could not be loaded directly to Unity 3d. You can check if there are some third party assets for unity which allows usage of PVZ files.. So far I know there are no such assets provided by PTC.

https://assetstore.unity.com/?q=ptc%20vuforia&orderBy=1

MG_10349901
5-Regular Member
(To:RolandRaytchev)

This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. Among the lots of comments on your articles. Thanks for sharing. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.

MG_10349901
5-Regular Member
(To:MG_10349901)

@MG_10349901 wrote:

This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. Among the lots of comments on your articles. Thanks for sharing. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. My Ascension Portal

Keep sharing such post.

Thank you very much, you are a hero to many of us. 

Regarding Creo - Unity conversion - I have tested some software that can transform pvz from Creo Illustrate to other formats, but unfortunately without animations. Maybe this information will be useful for someone.

Top Tags