cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

What's New in Vuforia Studio 8.3.5

tmccombie
21-Topaz I

What's New in Vuforia Studio 8.3.5

Vuforia Studio

• New Chalk widget allows you to open Vuforia Chalk directly from an Experience
  • New Sequence List property on the Model widget allows you to switch between sequences without any code
  • Bug fixes and minor improvements

Vuforia View

• Improved detection and tracking of Model Targets for Mobile and 3D Eyewear projects
  • iOS:
    • 8.3.5 will be the last release to support iOS 10
  • HoloLens:
    • Support for dynamic model loading
  • Windows:
    • Support for Surface Pro (2017)
  • Note: Model Targets published with Studio 8.3.5 will not load on previous releases of View. View 8.3.5 is required

Experience Service (On-premises)

• Support for Windows Server 2016
  • Ability to encrypt sensitive configuration information
  • Support for PCKS12 (PFX) encoded certificates
  • Support for encrypted PEM encoded private key files and ecrypted PCKS12 (PFX) encoded archive files
  • Only TLS 1.1 or higher is supported
    • Note: Experience Service no longer supports any version of SSL or TLS 1.0
6 REPLIES 6
jmikesell
15-Moonstone
(To:tmccombie)

All in all a good set of upgrades. Here is my feedback after an hour or so of playing around.

• I see the 8.3.4 issue of having to have the launcher window open to keep Studio running has been fixed. Thanks for the quick actions on that one.
  • Can you elaborate on what is required to take advantage of the "Improved detection and tracking of Model Targets" Are the improvements all on the View side? Will I see improved tracking on experience published prior to 8.3.5 when viewed in View 8.3.5? Or do we need to republish in 8.3.5? I have tested an 8.3.4 vs 8.3.5 publish but all my devices have auto updated to 8.3.5 so i don't have an older View client to test with.
  • Sequence list support is a great step but it seems like this is still not quite a code free solution.
    • You can have a Select widget pull the list from the model
    • The Select widget can push the chose sequence value back to the model
    • And you would expect that you can bind the Select widget Value Changes event to the Models "Play all" service so it will play after you select a sequence.
    • But it seems that you need a delay in there. As in you need to wait about 500ms or so after setting the sequence before you can try to play it. While i guess you could have a separate play button, it's logical that you should be able to have what i describe above work without additional JS code.
jmikesell
15-Moonstone
(To:jmikesell)

@tmccombie I can't edit my post to tag you for some reason. But can you find an answer to this question?

@jmikesell wrote
  • Can you elaborate on what is required to take advantage of the "Improved detection and tracking of Model Targets" Are the improvements all on the View side? Will I see improved tracking on experience published prior to 8.3.5 when viewed in View 8.3.5? Or do we need to republish in 8.3.5? I have tested an 8.3.4 vs 8.3.5 publish but all my devices have auto updated to 8.3.5 so i don't have an older View client to test with.

@jmikesell There are some improvements from Studio as well. To utilize the improved detection & tracking you need to upgrade View to 8.3.5 and republish your project in Studio 8.3.5. On-prem users should also ensure they are using Vuforia Experience Service 8.3.5 for this feature. 

Thanks tmccombie for that info. I had updated and republished but it didn't work nevertheless.

What helped, was updating windows, it works now.

Something else that's new for Vuforia View on the HoloLens:

There is now a Page Down and Page Up button on the experience selection page (the floating thumbnails that come up when you scan a ThingMark or go to the Library), meaning that you are no longer limited to the 6 most recently published experiences.  This is a great addition.

Unfortunately, it looks like the problem with changing sequences dynamically via JS as outlined in this thread are still there. 

Hello, one question regarding the Surface Pro:

I can't drop my model at spatial mapping, the app doesn't react when I tip in order to place the model.

I have a Surface Pro i/ Modell 1796

Top Tags