cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

custom recolution

isa
6-Contributor
6-Contributor

custom recolution

In the 2D Canvas it is possible to switch the mobile devices. As I´ve got a Huawei P Smart, which is not available in the predefined selection, I´d like to use the custom resolution, but I´m not sure what measures to put in.

The resolution that is given in the phone information seems giant comparing to the others... Could anybody explain me how/where to find these measures? (Or do I need them at all?)

Greets and thx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I am not 100% sure but I think you have to take a customer option of view /preview and use your values for the display high and width scaled by 1/3

So for example when I check the resolution on my device Samsung Galaxy 9+ -FHD+ 2220x1080 the scaled by 1/3 will  have 740/360 . When I create a customer view with this resolution it seems to be ok.

I think this based on the compatibility of the different displays so that actually for devices with high resolutions it should be scaled by 1/3 but older device 1/2 and by very old devices it is factor 1 -> I think Vuforia supports only the first kind of devices ...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I am not 100% sure but I think you have to take a customer option of view /preview and use your values for the display high and width scaled by 1/3

So for example when I check the resolution on my device Samsung Galaxy 9+ -FHD+ 2220x1080 the scaled by 1/3 will  have 740/360 . When I create a customer view with this resolution it seems to be ok.

I think this based on the compatibility of the different displays so that actually for devices with high resolutions it should be scaled by 1/3 but older device 1/2 and by very old devices it is factor 1 -> I think Vuforia supports only the first kind of devices ...

isa
6-Contributor
6-Contributor
(To:RolandRaytchev)

Thanks for the quick reply @RolandRaytchev! I think it was the right answer, at leas it looks good in the app 🙂

Top Tags