cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

export to android studio from vuforia

krthk86g
12-Amethyst

export to android studio from vuforia

HI, 

I have developed an vuforia project with a 3D model and animation but when it comes to deployment it required vuforia view all the time, but I would like to make this as a sperate Android applciation. could you please someone explain me how to import all vuforia finished stuff into android studio to build an APK.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @krthk86g ,

I do not that this is a supported option by PTC and therefore there is no  official documentation how to do this.

The problem is that /all widgets and javaScript code/ what you create  see in Vuforia Studio in Chrome browser – it  is actually  only development environment what will raw simulate the behavior on  the device. So far I know it is based on several integrated technologies based  on Cordova , javaScript and angular JS and on  ThreeJs based Thingwork view containing also some Vuforia SDK implementation (it covers many device platforms on IOS, HoloLens and Android). So , the project what you create and later you want to call on the end device  – it will not work standalone  but it requires an additional App on the end device which is called Vuforia View. Your Project  could be called of the PTC component Vuforia application – Vuforia view. Therefore, I think it will be very difficult to load every these feature on the Android studio. Also, I think, I need to point , that when you want to  create a standalone application in Android studio  - in this case your Android Studio Project should contains the at least particularly the logic of the implementation of Vuforia View. This is a proprietary app of PTC and I do not believe that the code / implementation of Vuforia View app/ will  be revealed outside PTC for further customization.  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hello @krthk86g ,

I do not that this is a supported option by PTC and therefore there is no  official documentation how to do this.

The problem is that /all widgets and javaScript code/ what you create  see in Vuforia Studio in Chrome browser – it  is actually  only development environment what will raw simulate the behavior on  the device. So far I know it is based on several integrated technologies based  on Cordova , javaScript and angular JS and on  ThreeJs based Thingwork view containing also some Vuforia SDK implementation (it covers many device platforms on IOS, HoloLens and Android). So , the project what you create and later you want to call on the end device  – it will not work standalone  but it requires an additional App on the end device which is called Vuforia View. Your Project  could be called of the PTC component Vuforia application – Vuforia view. Therefore, I think it will be very difficult to load every these feature on the Android studio. Also, I think, I need to point , that when you want to  create a standalone application in Android studio  - in this case your Android Studio Project should contains the at least particularly the logic of the implementation of Vuforia View. This is a proprietary app of PTC and I do not believe that the code / implementation of Vuforia View app/ will  be revealed outside PTC for further customization.  

Top Tags