cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

grouping the model items into single item in thingworx studio

preddy-4
1-Newbie

grouping the model items into single item in thingworx studio

Is there any way to group 2 or more model Items into single items. so that the 2 or more parts will act as single part. if not possible how can i achieve ?

thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
CRArko
17-Peridot
(To:preddy-4)

Hello, Prasad Reddy.

I've asked our ThingWorx Studio engineers to look into your question. You should be hearing something more detailed soon.

-- Craig A.

Hi, check this thread for the case opened requesting that functionality.

How do I set the origin of scaling a 3D model

It would be great if we can get this soon, it would definitely speed up authoring of more complex experiences.

Is this feature coming still? I think it is a good way of being able to group items in 3D so that when I scale and rotate a model the labels can move with it. I could then also center the model where I want to so it will scale and rotate around the point I want it to.

Hi Prasad,

in fact your case could most likely be addressed by

1. re-arranging the assembly structure in CreoIllustrate so that the components that you want to move together are in one parent assembly node
  2. Create a ModelItem for this parent node. You may not be able to directly pick it but only select one of its childs but then you can change/shorten the component path attribute value to get to the common parent assembly.

I hope this answer was detailed enough!

Cheers, moritz

Hi Moritz von Hasselbach,

Thanks for the kind reply, is there any trial version available for the Creo illustrate to work on ? if yes please share the link. i have gone through the whole PTC site for trial version but I am not able to get it. it will be helpful if I can get the trial version

mwassmann
5-Regular Member
(To:preddy-4)

yes it is - use creo illustrate for that -

depending on your model structure / data quality you can already do that by modifying the occurence id of that model item - but you can check back in a tool like illustrate / or creo view.

Top Tags