cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

hidden feature "holo view / hollow view" in vuforia view app (on hololens 2) - what is it?

ebeman
11-Garnet

hidden feature "holo view / hollow view" in vuforia view app (on hololens 2) - what is it?

we found out that the voice command "holo view / hollow view" forces a switch to "holo view / hollow view"-mode in vuforia view app (on hololens 2) ... does anyone know what it is

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @ebeman ,

I asked  the PTC R&D team - so just checked the internal ticket and the following answer was received- I hope it will answered your question:

R&D statement

===============

"there are two views (two layers) of a View application - the web view and 3d/holographic view. Its a really old (debug) feature to switch between them in the HoloLens, and should probably be disabled (remove the speech recognition command to prevent it being accidentally triggered). I doubt anyone has used it for 4+ years. Probable this voice command will be disabled soon but we will check if it need internally further clarification"

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hello @ebeman ,

I asked  the PTC R&D team - so just checked the internal ticket and the following answer was received- I hope it will answered your question:

R&D statement

===============

"there are two views (two layers) of a View application - the web view and 3d/holographic view. Its a really old (debug) feature to switch between them in the HoloLens, and should probably be disabled (remove the speech recognition command to prevent it being accidentally triggered). I doubt anyone has used it for 4+ years. Probable this voice command will be disabled soon but we will check if it need internally further clarification"

Top Tags