cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

models is not stable in HoloLens 2

Milan_900
8-Gravel

models is not stable in HoloLens 2

While using the spatial target in Vuforia Studio, the models are not stable or are not rendering properly in HoloLens 2. Is there any suggestion to stabilise the model?

1 REPLY 1

Hi @Milan_900 ,

1. you reported in your question: ) models are not stable. Is this a general statement? So means many models or in worst case every HL2 experience with spatial Target is not stable on your device. I would understand this that the model position is not stable, so that the selected point where the special Target was selected on the horizontal surface is not fix and will move.
  • Such behavior could be based on light, surface property - (not flat, shiny , not horizontal etc.) So for this you need to check this on different location to see if there is a difference. so means the issue could be based on the enviroment where your select the target
  • another point is to check if this is modelbased. So possibly you can create a simple project with simple geometry and check if this occurs- so here is to see if this is specific for the 3D geometry 
  • then possibly issue on the device- if you have alternative device you can try a check. Also you need to check if the device is updated to the last version View /also Studio and Experience Service - what are the used version there? Possibly you can update vuforia components?

2.) the second statement - is not rendering   properly - what this means - transparence , color , visibility  what is incorrect or still you meant that the position is wrong? - So the same as  point 1.)

I think the best could be if you could provide an example project (the best), or at least some pictures or video and information about the project  if there is specific usage  relevant to the problem like javascript code  or thingworx service  etc. /relevant means that you observed that issue occurs only if specific configuration is used.

On my HL2 device I have many project with spatial target and I could not observe such behavior with old versions 9.12. I did not tested in  9.14 yet.

Thanks, BR

Top Tags