cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

shadow areas appear grey

rheinz
11-Garnet

shadow areas appear grey

As per this topic:

Hi Tara, As far as I understand the issue - it's born in the Light scenes, where shadow areas appear grey.

We facing the same issue in Creo Illustrate - and looking for a light scene that I can adjust the lights are best for the used figure.

But just switching from headlight to 1,2 or 3 light - making not the bis diffrence.

I would be more convinced if the light scene can really adjusted by placint the light.

Do you also consider this way?

But this article belonging not to creo Illustrate - I will create an Idea to get this adressed at the right topic.

Regards

Robert

E.g. even that the left figure is not identical - the grey colored fridge frame is white, but appear due to light sceene grey. The right figure showing the expected result we want to achieve.

rheinz_0-1695814185166.png

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @rheinz ,

you mentioned that issue is also  occurring in Creo Illustrate. But where is the issue  more relevant ? In Vuforia Studio ? If yes in which mode - on mobile, eyewear device ? or in Preview mode (preview mode is as the name say preview and there is most relevant is the appearance on mobile device.

Regarding of  the light display I am not sure if the standard render will support many lights. So far I  remember it use only one static light + ambient , but need to check it more detailed. Possibly you can define an render where you can use many lights  (vector parallel ray light vector  or as point lights)

@rheinz ,

further I tested with  an old test project  with shader and see that we can handle the light  - change the display behavior via custom shader. Therefore I believe that the standard render behavior allows only a ambient light and possibly has one direction ray.

Here is  an example with customized  render - here the second tmlText-2 widget implements the shader :

2023-09-27_18-23-30.jpg

additionally  to the ambient light we have here also a point light definition and also a light intensity. When we need more light sources we could  implement this to the shader. In the tmlText:

2023-09-27_18-37-21.jpg

so we need to scale the code maked in red

I attached the demo project

Top Tags