cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

moving model in Vuforia Studio

bjorhart
4-Participant

moving model in Vuforia Studio

I am trying to figure out a way to display an AR model of a physical object, and have that model move like the physical object as movements from the physical object is recorded.

Is this possible to do in Vuforia Studio?

3 REPLIES 3

You can do this if you use the Mechanism feature in Creo Parametric. You can find an outline of the steps in this post: https://community.ptc.com/t5/Studio/Is-possible-to-Play-an-Animation-not-a-Sequence-in-TWS-from-Creo/m-p/549068#M3080

bjorhart
4-Participant
(To:ClayHelberg)

Hi, 

Thank you so much for answering!

The solution steps outlined in the post you reffered to, seems to be a way of creating an animation in Vuforia, which is a step closer to what I want.

I however would like to move the model according to recorded sensor data on the structure, lets say actuator lengths, after the model is already in Vuforia and deployed to the Thingworx platform. As a moving digital twin. Is this possible?

Bjørn

Ah, OK, I see what you're trying to do. The answer is yes, it's possible, but it will take a bit of work. You'll need add the thing property in Thingworx to get your sensor data. Once you have that, you can use bindings to control part locations based on the sensor data.

Suppose you have an actuator length measured by a sensor, and you have bound it to an app parameter called "a_length". If you want to set the position of a part in your model based on that, you can do it by creating a modelItem for the component you want to move, and binding the "a_length" parameter to the modelItem's location property (x, y, or z, depending on orientation of the item).

Top Tags