cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

simple vision inspection

dmforbes
12-Amethyst

simple vision inspection

has there been any thought about allowing a vuforia studio app to function like a vision inspection camera like a cognex or keyence? even basic features like part count, orientation, or color detection?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

So far, I know Studio does not support directly this functionality but there could be some possibilities depending on this what you want to check:

A.) the model data which is augmented - means components which are displayed via the model , and  modelItems widget this could be possible to ask some information about the components , like a name , color , postion etc. / also additional property mapping with an additional json file

B.) the items which are not augmented - means this what is not represented by any Vuforia studio widgets:

here what I think, is possible is  to make a photo and then to check it via some AI tools/ libraries like TensorFlow/tensorflow.js or ml5 e.g. kmeans clustering or other AI feature- https://learn.ml5js.org/#/reference/kmeans

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

So far, I know Studio does not support directly this functionality but there could be some possibilities depending on this what you want to check:

A.) the model data which is augmented - means components which are displayed via the model , and  modelItems widget this could be possible to ask some information about the components , like a name , color , postion etc. / also additional property mapping with an additional json file

B.) the items which are not augmented - means this what is not represented by any Vuforia studio widgets:

here what I think, is possible is  to make a photo and then to check it via some AI tools/ libraries like TensorFlow/tensorflow.js or ml5 e.g. kmeans clustering or other AI feature- https://learn.ml5js.org/#/reference/kmeans

Thank you.  not an urgent need, just a thought.

Top Tags