cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

voice commands

benchan
6-Contributor

voice commands

hi, i am doing a hololens project. and i have bind 3D images (play button, stop button) to the animation sequence. How to i create voice commands to the 3D images. For example, by saying "PLAY" and the animation will start playing. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Alessio
15-Moonstone
(To:benchan)

Here's how to add voice commands to a Hololens experience:

In your Vuforia Studio project open the  Data panel (the one on the far right), open APPLICATION EVENTS, expand one of them (e.g. doubletap), then you will see the following text boxes:

• Voice Alias
  • Voice  Response

Voice CommandsVoice Commands

You type some text in the Voice Alias and that would be your voice command; upon interpreting your command, the Hololens will say the voice response message.

The Hololens will then proceed according to your binding of that event, or to execute the associated Javascript.

HTH,

Alessio

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Alessio
15-Moonstone
(To:benchan)

Here's how to add voice commands to a Hololens experience:

In your Vuforia Studio project open the  Data panel (the one on the far right), open APPLICATION EVENTS, expand one of them (e.g. doubletap), then you will see the following text boxes:

• Voice Alias
  • Voice  Response

Voice CommandsVoice Commands

You type some text in the Voice Alias and that would be your voice command; upon interpreting your command, the Hololens will say the voice response message.

The Hololens will then proceed according to your binding of that event, or to execute the associated Javascript.

HTH,

Alessio

lvargas
9-Granite
(To:Alessio)

@Alessio 

Hi, I tried to follow the steps as you previously described but when I do the binding there are no options for services

So, I'm wondering if there is additional information that I need to feed in...

Regards,

Alessio
15-Moonstone
(To:lvargas)

This is only valid for a AR/3D Eyewear project, not for AR/mobile projects.

Which kind of project have you created? Can you provide screenshots and Studio version?

lvargas
9-Granite

Hi,

I created a 3D eyewear project. The version of vuforia studio is 8.3.6.4062

Alessio
15-Moonstone
(To:lvargas)

Can you share screenshots?
lvargas
9-Granite

hi  @Alessio, 

I was binding the double tap with the button, that was my mistake. I made the binding with the model and it's working properly now, thanks!

Top Tags