cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Number of files in the Attachments table

smcvr
14-Alexandrite

Number of files in the Attachments table

Hi Community,

I need to check the Attachments table on launched streams.

How can I find out how many files are in the table from Expression? I will check the number of files that need to be uploaded according to this quantity.

For example, in the task step, the user needs to upload 3 PDFs, but he uploaded only one. How can I prevent that task from closing by having it checked?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:smcvr)

This was just my solution. There may be others that are easier but this should allow you to create that hook or place to insert your custom logic. I modified the create and edit jsp wizards for WTDocument to add the following custom step.

<%-- adds attachments to the document --%>
<jca:wizardStep action="attachments_step" type="attachments" />

<%--- Customizations for Electrical Eng Docs --%>
<%-- process if matches drawings as documents --%>
<jca:wizardStep action="process_drw_docs" type="document" />

The action "process_drw_doc" is a reference that I then defined in config/actions/custom-actions.xml:

<objecttype name="document" class="wt.doc.WTDocument" resourceBundle="com.ptc.windchill.enterprise.doc.documentResource">
        <action name="process_drw_docs" preloadWizardPage="false" hidden="true">
            <command class="customization.electrical.DrawingDocumentProcessorDelegate" windowType="no_content"/>
        </action>
   </objecttype>

That "delegate" class is executed but noticed that hidden=true so users never see this step. This is the basic form of that class implementing the postProcess method where you can put your checks.

public class DrawingDocumentProcessorDelegate extends DefaultObjectFormProcessorDelegate { 

/**
	 * Delegate uses only postProcess hook to inspect WTDocument. postProcess
	 * will evaluate the type against list in ee.properties.
	 * @param bean NmCommandBean
	 * @param list Object Bean list
	 * @return FormResult
	 * @throws wt.util.WTException
	 */

@Override
	public FormResult postProcess (NmCommandBean bean, List list) throws WTException
	{
		log.debug("entering postProcess");

You can get the reference to the WTDocument from the list which are ObjectBeans and finding the one that has the WTDocument on it. 

/**
	 * returns WTDocument associated with CreateEdit Form. Should only be called from Edit.
	 * @return WTDocument
	 */
	private WTDocument getDoc(List list)
	{
		//should be only one document, therefore one object bean
		for (Iterator<ObjectBean> beans=list.iterator();beans.hasNext();)
		{
			ObjectBean objBean=beans.next();
			//if object on bean is a WTDocument, continue
			if ((objBean.getObject() != null)&&(objBean.getObject() instanceof WTDocument))
				return((WTDocument)objBean.getObject());
		}

log.debug("Could not find WTDocument. Returning null");
		return null; //WTDocument not found in bean.
	}

From there its standard method to inspect attachments. If they violate your rules, return a FormResult that indicates such.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

What kind of object are you checking? I was able to add hidden steps to a WTDocument wizard that can read the uploaded files and in your case, validate that there are 3.  Should be easy enough to have it kick back a WTException which would provide the user a message indicating that 3 files are required.

smcvr
14-Alexandrite
(To:avillanueva)

Hi @avillanueva ,

How can I create a WTDocument wizard that can read uploaded files and verify that there are 3.

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

This was just my solution. There may be others that are easier but this should allow you to create that hook or place to insert your custom logic. I modified the create and edit jsp wizards for WTDocument to add the following custom step.

<%-- adds attachments to the document --%>
<jca:wizardStep action="attachments_step" type="attachments" />

<%--- Customizations for Electrical Eng Docs --%>
<%-- process if matches drawings as documents --%>
<jca:wizardStep action="process_drw_docs" type="document" />

The action "process_drw_doc" is a reference that I then defined in config/actions/custom-actions.xml:

<objecttype name="document" class="wt.doc.WTDocument" resourceBundle="com.ptc.windchill.enterprise.doc.documentResource">
        <action name="process_drw_docs" preloadWizardPage="false" hidden="true">
            <command class="customization.electrical.DrawingDocumentProcessorDelegate" windowType="no_content"/>
        </action>
   </objecttype>

That "delegate" class is executed but noticed that hidden=true so users never see this step. This is the basic form of that class implementing the postProcess method where you can put your checks.

public class DrawingDocumentProcessorDelegate extends DefaultObjectFormProcessorDelegate { 

/**
	 * Delegate uses only postProcess hook to inspect WTDocument. postProcess
	 * will evaluate the type against list in ee.properties.
	 * @param bean NmCommandBean
	 * @return FormResult
	 * @throws wt.util.WTException
	 */

@Override
	public FormResult postProcess (NmCommandBean bean, List list) throws WTException
	{
		log.debug("entering postProcess");

You can get the reference to the WTDocument from the list which are ObjectBeans and finding the one that has the WTDocument on it. 

/**
	 * returns WTDocument associated with CreateEdit Form. Should only be called from Edit.
	 * @return WTDocument
	 */
	private WTDocument getDoc(List list)
	{
		//should be only one document, therefore one object bean
		for (Iterator<ObjectBean> beans=list.iterator();beans.hasNext();)
		{
			ObjectBean objBean=beans.next();
			//if object on bean is a WTDocument, continue
			if ((objBean.getObject() != null)&&(objBean.getObject() instanceof WTDocument))
				return((WTDocument)objBean.getObject());
		}

log.debug("Could not find WTDocument. Returning null");
		return null; //WTDocument not found in bean.
	}

From there its standard method to inspect attachments. If they violate your rules, return a FormResult that indicates such.

smcvr
14-Alexandrite
(To:avillanueva)

Thank you @avillanueva 🙂

Top Tags