cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

0 kb files in the vaults

hansberg
1-Newbie

0 kb files in the vaults

Hi,

Regarding Pro/INTRALINK 3.4.

I wonder if anyone have come accross .prt, .asm and .drw files in the vaults which are empty (0 kb) and of course can't be opened in Pro/ENGINEER?

Secondly, does anyone know how a .prt, .asm and .drw file in the vault folderscould have a different Modified date thanCreation date?

Best Regards,

Hans

3 REPLIES 3

Hello Hans,

I've seen the 0 kb issue before in Intralink 3.4. Ours happened due to mass import of data. I suspect that at the time of the import, components were suppressed, or there was some other link that created the metadata, but did not import the geometry file. Only way to fix was to create new geometry or recover the original geometry from the archive and check it in as latest.

Joshua Houser

(have I talked to you about FIRST robotics yet?)

Pelco by Schneider Electric

MCAD Range Technical Officer

Hi Hans,

have you already run the Extra Object Report (also known as Orphan File Report)?
This report detects all files in the file vaults, which are

I have also encountered this for File Servers that are separated by a WAN connection. Some files would not transfer correctly due to network problems. The check-in would generally fail and have to be re-tried but the zero-length files would be created and orphaned. In more rare cases, the transaction did complete but the model of course could not be opened because the file was corrupted (not always zero-length). If caught soon enough, I generally replaced the bad file with a good one from the user's WS or some other source.
Top Tags