cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

3.4 M062 & Replicated Server issues

TheodoreMetz
1-Newbie

3.4 M062 & Replicated Server issues

We have upgraded from 3.4 M030 to 3.4 M062 and are experiencing major problems opening files in Pro/E from a site that uses a replicated server.

When I access the dataserver onsite I have no issues with checkout "Required" to Workspace or open in Pro/E (15 min). We use "Required" to get 3700 files opposed at "All" 16000 files.

When I take the same laptop with the same settings to the replica site I have no problems with checkout to Workspace but open in Pro/E takes over an hour. With our old FRU setup this took10-15 minutes

The issue seems to be inherited dependencies that are retrieved by Pro/E. The content is retrieved quickly from the replica but thendata is sent and requested thousands of times between the client and thedataserver bring the regen to a crawl but never maxing outthe bandwidth.

I have also tested with WF4 M060 and WF2 M180 with no change in performance

Our original configuration was:

3.4 M030

Pro/E WF2 M280

Solaris 9 using Field Replacable Units (FRU's)

Our new configuration

3.4 M062

WF2 M280 (soon to be wF4 M060)

Solaris 10 using zones

All data was rsync'd for several weeks before the cutover.

1 REPLY 1

Bob, Yes I am an admin

Randy, we discussed this withPTC and they had no problems with what we were doing. We have over 60 zones with content world wide. No issues with any of them. Only the replicas.

Top Tags