Does anyone know where I have to go to add a column to the list of available columns when customizing a My Tasks table view? I was able to add the column on our Change Notices page (browse>changes>change notices). I just need to display on people's home page. Currently it's not listed in the available columns to add.
Thanks in advance,
Solved! Go to Solution.
From our consultants:
1. Edit AvailableAttributes.xml Windchill\codebase\com\ptc\core\htmlcomp\createtableview\AvailableAttributes.xml and add following lines under WorkItem (Add highlighted lines)
<Attribute id="reassigned" type="boolean"/>
<Attribute id="required" type="boolean"/>
<Attribute id="role" type="list" enumClass="wt.project.Role"/>
<Attribute id="workItemStatus" schemaId="status" type="list" enumClass="wt.workflow.work.WfAssignmentState"/>
<Attribute id="workitem_pbolink"/> <Attribute id="SaledOrderDescriptionWorkItem">
<Label resource="ext.mb.MBResource" key="SALES_ORDER_DESCRIPTION_LABEL"/>
<Label resource="ext.mb.MBResource" key="SALES_ORDER_NUMBER_LABEL"/>
2. Edit the Windchill\codebase\com\ptc\windchill\enterprise\enterpriseui.dataUtilities.properties.xconf and add the following lines under the <Service name="com.ptc.core.components.descriptor.DataUtility"> tag:
3. Run "xconfmanager -p" to propagate the changes.
4. Place the DataUtility files under Windchill/src/ext/mb folder (create folders if necessary)
5. Execute the below command to compile the classes:
tools class -Dclass.includes=ext\mb\**
6. Restart the server and add the column to the view.
Right next to "My Task" is a drop down, you can select "customize" and create your own view with any columns you want.
Sorry I misunderstood. Too bad, here I was thinking I may have actually solved someones windchill problem. I don't have an answer for that problem.
Create an alias/calculated attribute on "Work Item" type from type and atribute manager. Then you can see the attribute added under "Available columns" list which can be selected.
Just carefully tried this - cannot see my new test column. A few screen captures would really help. What info can you include in such an attribute for a work item (task).
I also logged a case with PTC, here is the TSE's response:
I have been assigned to look into this issue. After doing further investigation, I have found below steps to add column to users Home -> Tasks table.
o Override/extend the corresponding builder to override the getSpecialTableColumnsAttrDefinition method to add the required column.
o Create a new DataUtility to fetch the column values
The images are from Windchill 10.2 intance.
Created an alias attribute 'CNNumber' on Work Item type
I am struggling with the mapping field...this attribute is something we created (we have customized CR and CN forms). Do you know were I would look for the mapping info?
You can refer the below link for mapping information
In my case the mapping entry is 'primaryBusinessObject^wt.change2.WTChangeOrder2~number'