cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Created on date changes upon Revision?

JHall
16-Pearl

Created on date changes upon Revision?

I've noticed something today, that was different at my last company and the company before.
It's my recollection that the Created On date is static, being the date a part number (or WTObject) is created.

I've not checked our system until today when I noticed that the Created On date is changing with a new Revision.

Perhaps it was a customization to stay the same at the last company.

Is this expected behavior for most of you folks?

James
Windchill 11.0 M030 CPS08

Creation.png

6 REPLIES 6
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:JHall)

I am finding that the revision date changes when an object is revised to a new revision level. Iterations change for every check-in. That is OOTB behavior. There is something in the manuals about revisions and what properties change with a new revision and which ones don't.

@BenLoosli 

So it seems we must have had the work around detailed in this article. CS197520

James

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

Considering Revising to be a Create activity, with it's own creation date is consistent with:

- Delete each object refers to each Revision

- ACL for Revise requires create permission at the resulting state (primarily evident when using two-phase lifecycle)

The database shows created as static for the master (epmdocumentmaster), but variable for each Revision (supplemented by each Iteration for each Revision).

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Same behavior here.  Created on follows the revision creation.

Created On Dates.png

lhoogeveen
17-Peridot

Out of the box, the 'Created By' and 'Created On' are linked to object Revision - we basically never use it because of that.

• We've had engineers/designers try to use 'Created By' and 'Created On' in the drawing only to find out that it resets with the next revision.
  • A resetting 'Created On' date makes it difficult to this date within the ModelCheck Condition File to exempt old files from newer stricter rules.
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:lhoogeveen)

We created relations in our start parts that would capture the initial created on date as company_created_date and then used that in the titleblock. The code would also check for a save as that would reset when the revision was set to 0.

/* EXTRACT THE DATE PORTION OF THE WINDCHILL TIMESTAMP PARAMS
SHORT_CREATED_ON = EXTRACT(PTC_WM_CREATED_ON,1,10)

/* INITIAL RELEASE PARAMETERS
/* SET COMPANY_INITIAL VALUES FOR DRAWING PARAMETERS FROM WINDCHILL
/* ONLY WHEN REV IS 0
if PTC_WM_REVISION == "0"
Company_INITIAL_CREATED_BY = PTC_WM_CREATED_BY
Company_INITIAL_CREATED_ON = SHORT_CREATED_ON
endif

Top Tags