cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding columns to display on home page - My Tasks

SOLVED
Alexandrite

Adding columns to display on home page - My Tasks

Does anyone know where I have to go to add a column to the list of available columns when customizing a My Tasks table view? I was able to add the column on our Change Notices page (browse>changes>change notices). I just need to display on people's home page. Currently it's not listed in the available columns to add.

Thanks in advance,

Greg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Adding columns to display on home page - My Tasks

From our consultants:

1. Edit AvailableAttributes.xml Windchill\codebase\com\ptc\core\htmlcomp\createtableview\AvailableAttributes.xml and add following lines under WorkItem (Add highlighted lines)

<Class name="wt.workflow.work.WorkItem">
<Include name="wt.fc.Persistable"/>
<Include name="wt.ownership.Ownable"/>
<Attribute id="completedBy"/>
<Attribute id="name"/>
<Attribute id="reassigned" type="boolean"/>
<Attribute id="required" type="boolean"/>
<Attribute id="role" type="list" enumClass="wt.project.Role"/>
<Attribute id="workItemStatus" schemaId="status" type="list" enumClass="wt.workflow.work.WfAssignmentState"/>
<Attribute id="containerName"/>
<Attribute id="workitem_pbolink"/> <Attribute id="SaledOrderDescriptionWorkItem">
<Label resource="ext.mb.MBResource" key="SALES_ORDER_DESCRIPTION_LABEL"/>
</Attribute>
<Attribute id="SalesOrderNumberWorkItem">
<Label resource="ext.mb.MBResource" key="SALES_ORDER_NUMBER_LABEL"/>
</Attribute>

</Class>

2. Edit the Windchill\codebase\com\ptc\windchill\enterprise\enterpriseui.dataUtilities.properties.xconf and add the following lines under the <Service name="com.ptc.core.components.descriptor.DataUtility"> tag:
<Option serviceClass="ext.mb.CustomChangeNoticeAttributeDataUtility"
requestor="java.lang.Object"
selector="SaledOrderDescriptionWorkItem"
cardinality="singleton"/>

<Option serviceClass="ext.mb.CustomChangeNoticeAttributeDataUtility"
requestor="java.lang.Object"
selector="SalesOrderNumberWorkItem"
cardinality="singleton"/>

3. Run "xconfmanager -p" to propagate the changes.

4. Place the DataUtility files under Windchill/src/ext/mb folder (create folders if necessary)

5. Execute the below command to compile the classes:
tools class -Dclass.includes=ext\mb\**

6. Restart the server and add the column to the view.

Works Great!!

17 REPLIES 17

Right next to "My Task" is a drop down, you can select "customize" and create your own view with any columns you want.

tasks.png

James,

I am asking how to add a column to the available columns list....

column.gif

Sorry I misunderstood. Too bad, here I was thinking I may have actually solved someones windchill problem. I don't have an answer for that problem.

Highlighted

Create an alias/calculated attribute on "Work Item" type from type and atribute manager. Then you can see the attribute added under "Available columns" list which can be selected.

Just carefully tried this - cannot see my new test column. A few screen captures would really help. What info can you include in such an attribute for a work item (task).

thank you

I also logged a case with PTC, here is the TSE's response:

I have been assigned to look into this issue. After doing further investigation, I have found below steps to add column to users Home -> Tasks table.

• <WT_HOME>\codebase\WEB-INF\jsp\object\homeAssignments.jsp generates the My Tasks assignment table on Home Page.

• If ProjectLink is installed the table id assigned is projectmanagement.overview.assignments.list and the table is defined in com.ptc.windchill.enterprise.work.mvc.builders.OverviewPlanAssignmentsBuilder ComponentConfigBuilder.

• If ProjectLink is not installed the table id assigned is netmarkets.overview.assignments.list and the table is defined in com.ptc.windchill.enterprise.work.mvc.builders.OverviewAssignmentsBuilder ComponentConfigBuilder.

• Workaround:

o Override/extend the corresponding builder to override the getSpecialTableColumnsAttrDefinition method to add the required column.

o Create a new DataUtility to fetch the column values

The images are from Windchill 10.2 intance.

Created an alias attribute 'CNNumber' on Work Item type

Capture.GIF

Capture.GIF

Capture.GIF

http://www.ptc.com/cs/help/windchill_hc/wc102_hc/index.jspx?id=OrgAdminChp_BestPracticeDisplayAliasA...

Ashwini,

I am struggling with the mapping field...this attribute is something we created (we have customized CR and CN forms). Do you know were I would look for the mapping info?

You can refer the below link for mapping information

http://www.ptc.com/cs/help/windchill_hc/wc102_hc/index.jspx?id=TypeMgrAttrAliasMap&action=show

In my case the mapping entry is 'primaryBusinessObject^wt.change2.WTChangeOrder2~number'