cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Create Wizard not closing when complete in Windchill 10.1

tstacy
1-Newbie

Create Wizard not closing when complete in Windchill 10.1

I have a create wizard with 2 steps in it that I brought over from my Windchill 9.1 installation into my Windchill 10.1 installation. The wizard was created using JSP with JCA tags. The wizard itself works just fine to create my object, but the wizard window will not close upon completion. I'm calling the ootb CreateObjectFormProcessor in my action. I think I'm including the appropriate JSP fragments in my wizard JSPs (beginWizard.jspf, includeWizBean.jspf, end.jspf). The wizard comes up, I enter my data and click finish. A new object gets created, but the wizard doesn't disappear and the folder view doesn't get refreshed. Is there something I'm missing? My object type is extended from Managed, not Document.

4 REPLIES 4
KD
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:tstacy)

HI Theresa,

Is there any error related to javascript in methodserver log.

Try different browser with multiple user if possible.

I believe in your processor you are calling proper super classes methid also.

It may happen because setResultNext method is not executing properly.

Thanks,

Kaushik

tstacy
1-Newbie
(To:KD)

There are no errors in any logs. I am using Internet Explorer, I also tried it with Mozilla FireFox and had the same issue. I don't have a custom processor, I'm using the ootb CreateObjectFormProcessor in my action definition.

<action name="createManaged" ajax="component">

<command url="com/myCompany/jsp/managed/createManaged.jsp" class="com.ptc.core.components.forms.CreateObjectFormProcessor"

method="execute" windowType="popup" />

<includeFilter name="showNewActionPreValidation" />

</action>

<action name="createAttributesWizStep" afterVK="setAttributesWizStep" id="setAttributesWizStep" preloadWizardPage="false"

required="true" resourceBundle="com.myCompany.managed.managedResource">

<command windowType="wizard_step" method="execute" url="com/boeing/jsp/busObj/createGmdManagedDetails.jsp"/>

</action>

Do I need to write my own processor instead of using the one provided by PTC?

KD
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:tstacy)

Hi Theresa,

Usually for custom wizard we wrote our own custom form processor.

Enable ALL logger for the class "CreateObjectFormProcessor " and reproduce the step to check whether there is any exception or not.

Usually if there is no exception thrown wizard should close automatically after clicking "FINISH"

<action name="createAttributesWizStep" afterVK="setAttributesWizStep" id="setAttributesWizStep" preloadWizardPage="false"

required="true" resourceBundle="com.myCompany.managed.managedResource">

<command windowType="wizard_step" method="execute" url="com/boeing/jsp/busObj/createGmdManagedDetails.jsp"/>

</action>

From the above line delete method="execute".

Since there is no delegate for this wizard_step this is not required

Thanks,

Kaushik

tstacy
1-Newbie
(To:KD)

I turned on the logging for both the CreateObjectFormProcessor and the CreateEditFormProcessorHelper and I did find an error:

2014-03-20 16:02:44,929 ERROR [ajp-bio-8010-exec-1] wt.log4javascript.PTC - 2014-03-20 23:02:42.157 +0000, 127.0.0.1, Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.2; .NET4.0E; .NET4.0C), http://www.myCompany.com/Windchill/com/myCompany/jsp/managed/createManaged.jsp?ContainerOid=OR%3Awt.inf.library.WTLibrary%3A154071&u8=1&unique_page_number=-1393948918176_2&AjaxEnabled=component&wizardActionClass=com.myCompany.managed.ManagedCreateFormProcessor&wizardActionMethod=execute&tableID=tabl..., Object expected

Not sure what I need to do because I thought it was getting the correct info. An earlier log entry looks like this:

com.ptc.core.components.forms.CreateObjectFormProcessor wcadmin - setRefreshInfo() returning:

com.ptc.core.components.forms.CreateObjectFormProcessor wcadmin -

------------DynamicRefreshInfo------------

dynamic oid: com.myCompany.managed.MyManaged:198411

dynamic location: wt.folder.SubFolder:154234<OBS>

dynamic action: A

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Top Tags