cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Creo Publishing Issue

Luar
1-Newbie

Creo Publishing Issue

Hi all,

I import creo files in windchill thru creo.

1.png2.png

3.png

After the Import and checkin the publishing/thumbnail is not working. What I need to do is to checkout the file and custom checkin and choose models and viewable so that the publishing/thumbnail worked.

The problem is the revision add even I didn’t change/modify anything just the custom checkin. Is there a way to import creo files in windchill and the publishing/thumbnail worked?

Thanks!

38 REPLIES 38
Luar
1-Newbie
(To:TomU)

Hi Tom,

Error is gone. Thank you for that. but the publishing still not working.

Please see the wvs log.

Untitled.png

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Luar,

I think your "publish.cadconvert.PROE" property (2nd to last) is also set incorrectly. It may not matter though because it seems like it's being set in the wrong property file ("codebase/wvs.properties" instead of "codebase/WEB-INF/conf/wvs.properties").

If it was me, here's what I would do.

1. Stop the server.
  2. Make a backup copy of site.xconf and codebase/WEB-INF/conf/wvs.properties.
  3. Delete the extra file you created - codebase/wvs.properties (NOT the same as #2.)
  4. Delete the second to last and third to last entries from site.xconf ("xconfmanager" and "publish...")
  5. Reset the publish.cadconvert.PROE property to it's default value:

xconfmanager --reset publish.cadconvert.PROE -t codebase/WEB-INF/conf/wvs.properties -p

Start everything back up. See if publishing works.

1. Does the worker agent automatically start the worker?
  2. Does the xtop process on the CAD worker automatically get started?
Luar
1-Newbie

Hi Tom,

I'm done all the procedure., But still its not working. the xtop process does not start automatically.

Thanks,

Luar

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:Luar)

The error indicates that authentication is failing. Did you create the auth.properties file with the Windchill user name and password? If so, is that information correct?

Luar
1-Newbie
(To:LoriSood)

Yes I have auth.properties file. This is what inside in my auth.properties.

Untitled.png

shussaini
15-Moonstone

Luar,

Ensure there are no spaces in between. It should be like

auth=wcadmin:serVer2004

Once you update this restart the Windchill server and try publishing again.

Regards
~Syed

Luar
1-Newbie
(To:shussaini)

Hi Syed,

There is no space between the user and pass. I will restart now and try it again.

Thanks,

Luar

Luar
1-Newbie

Hi all,

I just re install windchill because PTC support told me to do so. Now my publishing still not working. can anybody here set a webcast so that can check my windchill or find out what seems to be the problem? because I open the case to PTC support for a month now.

Thanks,

Luar

spai-3
2-Guest

Hi Luar,

Found any solution to this problem? Even i am facing the same issue.

Thanks,

Sudeep

Top Tags