cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creo View messed up with Chrome

SOLVED
Highlighted

Re: Creo View messed up with Chrome

Thank you very much for your help and quick replies.

I have used information provided by you in this and other threads to resolve my problem.

Currently I am using Java 6 update 45 for 64 bit machine.

I also did the settings tweaks in java.policy mentioned here

Applets are Failed to Load

Thanks again!

Regards,

'Kazi'

You should not need to mess with java.policy.

Recent Java Plug-In versions have introduced a Site Exception List (in the security tab of the control panel). If your Java Plug-In version has that, then you should add your Windchill server to that list.

Other than that and using a recent Java Plug-In version within the Java version (e.g. 6, 7, or 😎 in question, there should be nothing for the *client* to do. Depending on the Windchill version and the target Java Plug-In version, the server administrator may need to apply a generic patch, though.

Also note back-support for more recent Java Plug-In versions, e.g. Java 8, does not extend back to all old Windchill versions but rather to specific version and MOR levels with specific generic patches applied.

So it is September now...

Anyone have an idea for users who had their Chrome auto-update to Chrome 45, and thus the work-around doesn't work anymore?  (Besides the "use a different browser" response?)

According to PTC, there is no other option.  Switch browsers. 

Yep.

chrome.PNG

11.0 will contain a workaround for most applets that remain in 11.0 (launching the applets as mini-applications in Java Web Start).

No such workaround is applicable for Creo View, however.

No such workaround is applicable for Creo View, however.

And unfortunately, that is the part that is used 1000x more than all the others (at least here).

Quite a few quick responses.  But I already knew about the support articles and everything.

What I am surprised at is that I haven't heard of this being included in any type of CPS for the currently-supported software (10.1 until March 2016, which CPS doesn't apply ... but also 10.2 to which CPS does apply).

Nobody has heard of this being included in a CPS for 10.2?  Nobody has logged a support ticket to argue for SPR and patch fix?

The problem is that an entire architecture change is required and these (1) take time and (2) are generally only released in major releases.  PTC built much of their functionality around a particular software capability that is going away (and not just in Chrome, the new Microsoft Edge browser is the same.)  To keep up with newer browsers they have to rewrite large sections of code using newer technologies (ex. HTML5) before the old ones stop working.  Obviously they are behind the curve.