cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Desktop integration

ptc-4716598
1-Newbie

Desktop integration

By Desktop Integration it is possible to get attribute value of a document in MS Excel sheet. Is it possible to update windchill document attribute value by changing those in Excel sheet?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:ptc-4716598)

Yes, this is possible. You must install the Windchill DTI client application, change the Attachments > File Download Mechanism preference to Windchill Desktop Integration and simply edit a document. If your document has a linked attribute in it, the modification created in Office will be pushed to Windchill on Checkin.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Yes, please review the Windchill Help Center topic titled "About Mapping Windchill Document Attributes to Microsoft Office File Properties". This should provide enough information to answer your question.

ptc-4716598
1-Newbie
(To:sm)

Suppose I change any attribute value in Excell sheet and want that it will reflect and display into windchill. Is it possible? if it is possible can you please enlighten me how?

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Yes, this is possible. You must install the Windchill DTI client application, change the Attachments > File Download Mechanism preference to Windchill Desktop Integration and simply edit a document. If your document has a linked attribute in it, the modification created in Office will be pushed to Windchill on Checkin.

Is it possible to get Project manager name under Team Tab? If it is possible plz provide the code for that.

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Hi, I don't understand your question? Does it have something to do with Windchill Desktop Integration?

ptc-4716598
1-Newbie

Hi,

In ProjectLink there one Team tab is present . Clicking on Team tab the window will open with the Role/member name. The requirement is to plot those member names(including Project manager name) in Excel sheet(that is earier created doc) with the help of Desktop Integartion.

My question is, Is it possible ? If it is possible then how?

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Windchill 10.0+ supports exporting tables in various formats. I'm assuming the Team table is no exception and can be exported in different formats such as TXT, HTML, CSV, XLS. Information on how to do this is contained in the Windchill Cusomizer's Guide (ex. on pg. 1670) or can be obtained by Technical Support.

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Yes, this is just a 5 minutes job to add the standard "Export to XLS" Action.

Export+Team+Table+to+XLS.png

Exported+Team+Table.png

Top Tags