We are currently using Windchill 10.1. We are trying to export hundreds of files (tiff graphics) out of Windchill. Does anyone know how to do this? The graphics are located in one folder. We need a way to export all the files at once. Any ideas would be great.
I get the following error when I try to download either an xml file or a tiff file:
ATTENTION: No Valid Objects Selected. Only Documents are eligible for the action Download Documents To Compressed File. Please click OK to return to page. Note: I chose 4 files.
I guess this doesn't work for xml or graphics? Only files like Word, Excel, etc.?
Check (soft) "type" of these objects (with tiff file as content) in Windchill. I guess this functionality would be working for only Documents and its sub-types.
Another strategy you might consider:
- Create another document whose only purpose is to gather the documents to be downloaded.
- Select (Document) Structure; add documents to be downloaded.
- From the top document, select child documents to be download then select Tools, Download Primary Files
- Can make the selection just once via creating the structure, in case you need to download them multiple times
- Iterations in the structure float to latest if any get iterated