cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

How do I tell what context a Product was created in?

CADQueen
5-Regular Member

How do I tell what context a Product was created in?

New Windchill Administrator here...

A colleague of mine created several Products but I can't tell what context they were created in. Are they at the site level or in a particular organization. I thought clicking on the info button might show it but no luck.

Is there any visual representation of the relationships between contexts that I can use? Like this one that is on the Learning Connector?context.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:CADQueen)

Rosemary,

All products are going to belong to an organization. By default Organization info is hidden in the UI. You can expose it by setting the following preference in Site > Utilities > Preference Management:

Display > Expose Organization = Yes

If that is set then you will see the organization info displayed in the Product Details

11-5-2014+5-15-22+PM.jpg

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:CADQueen)

Rosemary,

All products are going to belong to an organization. By default Organization info is hidden in the UI. You can expose it by setting the following preference in Site > Utilities > Preference Management:

Display > Expose Organization = Yes

If that is set then you will see the organization info displayed in the Product Details

11-5-2014+5-15-22+PM.jpg

CADQueen
5-Regular Member
(To:LoriSood)

Thank you! I've been a Creo user for the last 16 years so getting used to the Windchill UI is quite a shift!

Top Tags