cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How to deploy custom logo (header.gif) in a Windchill Cluster setup?

Prabhu
7-Bedrock

How to deploy custom logo (header.gif) in a Windchill Cluster setup?

Hi All,

I've been trying to change/include a different logo in the header top portion of Windchill PDMLink UI. The standard header would be a grey/green strip of image with white lettered transparent "Windchill" logo/image.

In a monolithic setup, I just had to change the below image:

$WT_HOME\codebase\netmarkets\images\header.gif

Edit the image to include custom image/logo. There is no need even to restart Windchill or Tomcat. Just refreshing the page would reflect the changed image.

The same does not work with cluster setup. What steps should I follow to deploy the same in cluster setup?

Thanks in Advance,
Prabhakaran V.

5 REPLIES 5

Hello Prabhakaran,

In Cluster Enviornment, I.e On Master and Slaves We have to deploy all customizations.

As you done it in Monolitic Enviornment, Same steps to done on MAster and Slave Servers.

So whenever you access Windchill from Any of Slave you got same Header.gif on your browser.

Thanks,

Vivek

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, doing the same as in monolithic setup didn't work. I modified the header.gif image in both Master and Slave servers (same file - same location). Even did a restart of the application. Still no success.

Thanks,

Prabhakaran V.

jessh
5-Regular Member
(To:VivekUchekar)

Well, actually the general recommendation is not to redo all deployment steps on all cluster nodes.

Rather the strong recommendation is to use rsync, robocopy, or an SCM (source code management) solution to mirror changes made on one node to all other nodes.

The SCM approach has the added benefit of providing full traceable history of changes made to server configurations over time.

MatthewKnight
4-Participant
(To:Prabhu)

Open the image directly from each server. Is it OK that way? Are you sure it's not a cache issue?

Hi Matthew,

Opening image directly from each server won't be the setup, but your other part of the reply helps. Was so ignorant to try once after clearning temporary internet files. I did so and there the modified logo goes..!!

Thanks All for your inputs,

Prabhakaran V.

Top Tags