cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

How to use sub -select?

lnunes
7-Bedrock

How to use sub -select?

I believe that I need to use sub-select on my report.

I am creating a report that counts the number of released parts per ECN.
The report needs to list attributes related to subtypes of Parts in my organization.
It causes multiple lines since for each subtype there will be a new column for the attribute...

I understand that If I use sub-select, I can run the query and concatenate the result in a way to have the attribute in a single column.

lnunes_0-1717001181232.png

lnunes_1-1717001301389.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rhart
14-Alexandrite
(To:lnunes)

In this case I think you should use the database function concat, or another way could be to create multiple queries and union them

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
rhart
14-Alexandrite

In this case I think you should use the database function concat, or another way could be to create multiple queries and union them

Hi @lnunes,

I wanted to follow up with you on your post to see if your question has been answered. 
If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. 
Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so that we can continue to help you. 

Thanks,
Anurag

joe_morton
17-Peridot

I think you can use the Database function "concatenate" in this case.

The Part will only have 1 subtype, so if you concatenate the value of all the subtypes together, you'll get something like "null, null, Value, null". The end result will be just the value you care about.

Here's an example where I do something similar:

joe_morton_0-1719948321872.png

joe_morton_1-1719948329123.png

Top Tags