cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Loader for Creo Files

dinilmohan
1-Newbie

Loader for Creo Files

I would be interested to know if there is an OOTB loader (something like load from File) from PTC to load CREO files into Windchill. We have thousands of Creo Drawings and models outside Windchill which we would like to import into Windchill 10.0 M030.

7 REPLIES 7

Hi Mohan,

Not sure about the loader, but why can't the command 'Tools=> Import to workspace' be used in Workspace?

Best Regards,
Amit Lonkar

Simple answer is 'No' - it's actually quite a complex process if you consider you will almost certainly have ghost objects, need to check for duplicates etc., build structures and relationships.

There are some third party tools available, but the ones I have seen all interact with Pro/E anyway. May be worth a look though. Fishbowl have what looks like a good one, but this uses a Pro/E session to open each object and check them in once you have resolved any conflicts.

Personally I have always used 'tools - import' in a workspace, and then slowly work through any conflicts.

Simon Lucas

Hi Dinil,

It's been several years ago, but we used an application from Fishbowl Solutions (

[Description: Description: cid:image002.png@01CE52F0.1183EBD0]

ü SAVE PAPER - THINK BEFORE YOU PRINT THIS EMAIL

We use Fishbowl for our task similar to this as well. Great guys and easy to work with. They really know their stuff.

Andy Hermanson
Engineering Design Applications

tel 605.275.1040 x51114 mobile 605.951.0168
website www.daktronics.com

Hi Amit and Simon,

I was thinking of using import to WS option too but this is a very tedious task when considering the amount of data. We have around 50K/Site of Creo files which I need to move into Windchill and 4 sites.

Hi Randy and Andrew,

Thanks for the lead. 2 questions since you have used the software.

Can this be used to migrate data from Pro/I 3.x to Windchill as well? (Considering that somehow I manage to get the data out of 3.x). Also can it handle large number of objects at one shot or do we have to break the data into small chunks?

Thanks and Regard,

Dinil

Hi Dinil

I notice you mention Pro/I 3.x for the first time - is all your CAD data in Intralink? If so, why not use the existingIntralink migrator tool? We used it with a million CAD files from 14 Intralink 3.x servers 2 years ago...

Edwin

In Reply to Dinil Mohan:

Hi Amit and Simon,

I was thinking of using import to WS option too but this is a very tedious task when considering the amount of data. We have around 50K/Site of Creo files which I need to move into Windchill and 4 sites.

Hi Randy and Andrew,

Thanks for the lead. 2 questions since you have used the software.

Can this be used to migrate data from Pro/I 3.x to Windchill as well? (Considering that somehow I manage to get the data out of 3.x). Also can it handle large number of objects at one shot or do we have to break the data into small chunks?

Thanks and Regard,

Dinil

Hi Edwin,

My main intention was to migrate the data from Hard Disk to Windchill but since Randy and Andrew mentioned about the application from Fishbowl, I was curious to know if it can be used to migrate data from Pro/I 3.x as well. We are planning to do a migration from 4 of our Pro/I 3.x servers soon.

Regards,

Dinil

Top Tags