cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Query Reports with SQL

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Query Reports with SQL

Last October we upgraded from PDMLink 10.1 to 11.0 and also switched from Oracle to SQL.  Now, many of my reports don't work anymore.  I don't know if it's because of the new version or because of SQL but it's very maddening.

On one of my reports I get a message: ERROR: A statement with aggregate function can not be used with access control.

I have no idea what that means.

This was a simple report that let me know the last time a user logged in.

I used the Audit Record table.

The Selects are User Name and Event Label.  Then I put a Maximum on Persist Info.Created On.

This last Maximum is the problem but I don't know how to fix it.  Anyone have any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6

Hi Steve,

have you already looked at help guide?

Search for database functions.

As you will see there are many differences between the same function as written in Oracle or in SQL.

Marco

Thank you Marco.  I will take a look.

If your problem is what I think, this idea could be a solution.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill-Ideas/Possibility-to-load-SQL-statements-in-Query-Builder-Report-in/idi-p/460592

Knowing the syntax to create an SQL command, you could export the query created with Oracle, adapt it to SQL and import it back into the query builder.

Marco

It might for someone that knows the language.  But I don't know SQL/Oracle much.  I was able to get by creating reports.

Same for me.

But if you want, you can still vote for the idea. Smiley Happy

Marco

Done.  🙂

Top Tags