cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Report to show all drawings without Modell association

RH_9982091
6-Contributor

Report to show all drawings without Modell association

Hi there

i want to create a report to get all drawings that are not associated with CAD Models. I´ve tried a lot of things but didn´t get what i want. I also tried this one here CS267362  and i wanted to set the links = 0 but i do not get any results with that. Anyone who could help me with this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @RH_9982091 

I removed subselects, model table and reconfigure your report. 

Now it reports only .drw without the links to the Models.

Hope this is what you need.

PetrH

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

I think you have to use an outer join

https://www.ptc.com/it/support/article/CS125561

Marco

And how exactly would you do this? 

I actually think you want the opposite of what this report does.  The example in the CS returns cases where a model is being used as a drawing reference.  If you did an outer join, you would return both models being used as a drawing reference and either models that are not used a drawing reference or drawings that reference no model, depending on the direction of the outer join.  I believe you would want to actually set up a criteria where the drawing's persist object identifier does not exist in the result of a subselect where you gather all drawings that DO have a model reference.  

Yes thats what i want. I alsoe tried to set up something like EPM-Number NOTIN Subselect and than those things from the given report. But i wasn´t able to do a subselect in a subselect. Is this normal oder did i do something wrong? 

You are able to have nested sub-selects, i.e. a sub-select that has a criteria against another sub-select.  There must be something else going on if you are unable to set up that scenario.

So i got the nested subselect. But now i get a java.lang.NullPointerException. I think this is what exectly you meant with the outer join. I´ve never used the outer join before. Could you help me with this. This is my QML so far. 

Hi @RH_9982091 

I removed subselects, model table and reconfigure your report. 

Now it reports only .drw without the links to the Models.

Hope this is what you need.

PetrH

Thank you. Thats what i needed. I almost had the same Solution before but i forgot to set a parameter. 

Top Tags