cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Rouing options grayed out

EC_10581209
7-Bedrock

Rouing options grayed out

Hi there,

I have the following problem, when I start as an orgadmin I create a Text Document and start the Problem report. When I look in the Problem report workflow i ve put as Change Admins I 3 participants: orgadmin, user A and user B. I sign in as user A i can see the problem report but can't approve the same as user B. I can approve only as orgadmin. For user A and B the routing options are grayed out so they can't bring any decision like Fast track approval, clarify, reassign etc... but i want also approve as user A and user B why is that not possible?

39 REPLIES 39

@Marco_Tosin 

I think you are right.

The user may be in the role that restricts access to something, but adding the ACL on upper level do not force that rules. 

I put my account to the role Admin I and get the task and also I can see the link to my task.

In @EC_10581209 case the link is not active so the user do not have access to the Task object in the workflow.

PS> I put myself to guest role and it is not the case OOTB.

PetrH

as site admin and orgadmin i can approve any report, as Binu i can see the problem report but the routing options are grayed out

EC_10581209_2-1681463812151.png      

EC_10581209_3-1681463895923.png

for this problem report like in picture, i can approve as site admin and as org admin but not as Binu eventhou i gave him all the rights

EC_10581209_1-1681463559113.png

Try removing user Binu from one role at a time and see which one creates the problem on the unseen action.

I would start with Reviewer

Marco

I've just put user Binu as the Change Admin I, but still the same

Regards

Almost certainly one of the roles in which the user Binu is present is the one that DISABLES the action to complete the task.

Even if the roles you put him in are for notifying him and sending emails, leave him only in the Admin I role and see if he can see the action that way.

You will have confirmation that one of the other roles he is in limits his actions.

Add one role at a time and check again to see what he can do.

At some point you will find out which role has limitations.

You need to act on that one through ACLs.

Marco

Hi Marco,

I have tried something else insted approving problem report, I've tried to approve a promotion request it seems thats the same problem as with the problem report I dare to say with all approvals (see pic)

EC_10581209_1-1682021439214.png

I cannot think of any other answer than the ones I have already given you.

Have you tried doing what I wrote?

Because if you haven't, it is difficult to continue the analysis of the problems.

Marco

Hey Marco i've solved the problem, the solution is as follows: I deleted the organisation from the users accidently so they are not participating in a organisation so they don't have routing options shown in picture: 

Top Tags