cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Thoughts on using Windchill Performance Advisor

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Thoughts on using Windchill Performance Advisor

Nobody answered when I posted on the Performance Advisor board so I posted here.

I would like to hear from the people that have enabled WPA for their environment.

How is it working?

Has it provided any actionable recommendations?

What were the results of those actions?

Anything else that would be of help.

I probably won't find this out but I'm curious how many use it.

5 REPLIES 5

I immediately enabled Performance Advisor and I must say that I found something interesting and useful.

I must say that I have opened many cases to support because sometimes there were some problems with sending data.

One of the things you have to pay more attention to is when you run a rehost, for example from the production server to the test server, because if you don't run a particular procedure, you find yourself with all the data that seem to come from the same server.

However, especially when you start using a new server, it is quite easy to get recommendations, especially on how to size the various caches.

Over time, if the recommendations suggested by PTC are applied correctly, new ones are rarely reported.

In my opinion, this means that the system has been configured and sized as best as possible.

I add that if, in addition to Performance Advisor, you also install the PSM (PTC System Monitor) the amount of data that is sent increases, even of quality, and you can see for example how the number of objects created for the various types increases over time (WTPart, WTDocuments, EPMDocuments, IBA's ...).

If you need any further clarification, just ask without any problem.

Marco

Thank you for that.  We do have the system monitor but have been having trouble getting it updated to the latest version.  Our consulting company has a call open with PTC about it.

Regarding rehosting, can't it just be turned off on the test server afterwards?

Marco_Tosin_0-1594729324984.png

Sure,

but I want to monitor both the production and the test servers, so I have to change the server ID for Performance Advisor

Marco
HJ1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone
(To:STEVEG)

I didn't find the Performance Advisor board mentioned, so I'll throw a question here..

How does one access the content of JMXData.gz -file generated..?

Marco_Tosin
21-Topaz I
(To:HJ1)
Top Tags