cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

WTPart Single Level Where Used Report in Query Builder

psweet
4-Participant

WTPart Single Level Where Used Report in Query Builder

All,

I have a query builder report where I'm entering a child componet number and it's returning a where used list. The issue I'm having is that it returning where used for all revisions / latest iterationforthe child part. It's also returning all revisions of the parents that have usages as well. I'm looking for a way to do a where used on the latest revision / iteration of a child part and return only the latest revision / iteration of the parents. Doesn't anyone have some suggestions on how to get this type of information?

I'm also looking for a multi-level where used report that shows the child, it's parents, grandparents, ..... all the way to the top level. Is this possible?

Regards,

Paul Sweet

Staff Engineer

UTC BIS Compression Technologies Group

11 REPLIES 11

Hi Paul, to get the latest revision of a part you will need to do a Sub-Select Criteria and then run a maximum on the revision identifier and make sure its all tied back. This has been done and is listed in some previous posts though I should be able to rustle you up sometime shortly and send over an example. Single level you can do easily enough. Mutli-Level is a whole other ball game in my experience. The best of these reports are typically done via InfoEngine Task that include QueryBuilder (WC Report Manager) queries. You’d have to navigate a data tree to go up or down to get all of the info which isn’t something QueryBuilder can effectively handle.

Regards,
[cid:image001.gif@01CFCB30.A000F600]

Stephen Vinyard
Director of Customer Success

Here is a general report that will list out all CAD Documents but only the latest revision. Note that it also will not report on “Check out” copies. If you are just doing WTParts then I don’t think this is an issue though with CAD it would have otherwise reported on the “working copy” and shown a duplicate entry perhaps.

Nevertheless the sub-select is there.

Regards,
[cid:image001.gif@01CFCB30.A000F600]

Stephen Vinyard
Director of Customer Success
psweet
4-Participant
(To:psweet)

Stephen,

Thank you for your assistance. It works like a charm.

Paul Sweet
Staff Engineer
UTC BIS Compression Technologies Group
lnunes
7-Bedrock
(To:psweet)

Hi Paul.

could you share your QML? I´m looking to have child list from a parent WTPart.
Thanks.

Take a look at this document https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill-Tips/Resource-for-reporting/td-p/448738

There's a list of report ready to use (search in WTPart section).

This should be the report you're looking for https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS72503

Marco

Hi Marco.

Thanks for your reply.

Well, the QML example can´t be loaded because of error 

"NOTIFICATION

The file you are attempting to import is invalid. Only reports exported from Windchill can be imported" 

Do you know any trick to format it for Windchill 11?

I tried to make a few changes, but they were unsuccessful.

I wrote a comment to the article I reported, asking support if they could attach a valid version for Windchill 11 as well.

Marco

You can also try to use my BOM report (I'm on Windchill 11.0 M030), but all columns and comments are in Italian and it is build to work for all my seven views (Design, Manufacturing and 5 different Plants).

Marco

Grazie Marco

It worked perfectly. Hope to be able to help in future as well.

On the third attempt, finally, I managed to make the support understand the problem with the report linked to this article.

https://www.ptc.com/it/support/article?n=CS000072503

Now that's usable too.

Marco

Paul,

if you are using query builder than take a look at this document I wrote on PTC Community.

It's very long and collect a lot of things I found here, in the Community and also article from Tech Support.

Hope you can find it useful.

http://communities.ptc.com/docs/DOC-6348

Marco

Marco
Top Tags