cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

WindChill Reports (Query Builder) Locating Fields

ClockworkOrange
4-Participant

WindChill Reports (Query Builder) Locating Fields

I'm not a WindChill Admin nor am I a user however I was asked to create a SSRS reports in SQL.  The issue I'm having is figuring out what tables have the fields I'm looking for.  Even with help from our seasoned WindChill Admin we are unable to trace the data viewed on the front end to the back.  For example I am looking for a field the front end refers to as "Process Status"  and contains text called "Running" and "Executed".  I'm concerned it could be some front end calculation where it may "Interpolates" those values rather then actually storing them...which makes it even harder for me. Going forward how can we find this data ourselfves...is there a HELP menu you can activate that shows the SQL location when you hoover above the data on the front end?

6 REPLIES 6

I would suggest first building the report in Query Builder. This will help you find the right tables and joins. Then, if you enable the tools tab on the Query Builder interface, you can then utilize the "view SQL" command which shows you the actual database columns etc.

That's exactly how I was able to get as far as I did.  I'm just at a loss for this particular field.

In this document you can find many information on how to build a query builder report.

There are also many report ready to use (some are about Change) and link to some article that explain the name of the various table and how to join them.

You can also look at this article that collect many, but not all, the report in the document that I wrote.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS328887

Articles are divided in some logical way.

Marco

Woe...that's a very comprehensive listing.  I'll start to sort through it.  I'm sure I'll find something  that will help.

Pls see attached for a start (from Windchill 12.0.0.3)

Yeah....I think that it.  I'll try to tie that in tomorrow and I'll give an update.  Thanks

Top Tags