cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Windchill 11 m020 distribution

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Windchill 11 m020 distribution

The Windchill 11 software download/order page is only showing m020 as being available for download, not CD/DVD shipment.

Is this just too early in the release to expect CD/DVD's to be shipped?

Is PTC eliminating the shipment of CD/DVD for their software since most companies download the latest builds? Unfortunately, I need the CD/DVD distribution as my production systems are not on the internet and my primary non-secure system does not allow me to download zipped files. Either way I need CD/DVD images to load the software on my production systems. I can, and have, downloaded builds at home and then burn DVDs but that is also a PITA!

5 REPLIES 5
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:BenLoosli)

Generally physical media is available about two weeks after each release.

Hi Ben,

I have downloaded all the CD for my installation.

Most of them are only for build F000 because were not updated for M020.

See attached image.

Windchill.PNG

Marco
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Marco_Tosin)

That is typical for Windchill products. About half of the distributions stay at F000 and the update is handled by code segments in the Service Pak and Installation Installer discs. Other than those, most of the build discs are auxiliary products to the main Windchill codebase: Help files, WindchillDS, Index Search, Third Party apps, etc. All require 'patching' for the latest build of Windchill but may not be PTC developed code.

Hello Marco

You you please provide us the link  .? 

Regards

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Gagan)

Main Software download page:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/software_update/swupdate.jsp

You can download what you need from there.

Top Tags