cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Windchill Printing

CR_9888056
8-Gravel

Windchill Printing

Is there a way to print or export general information shown in the tables within Windchill? For example, I have a Change Notice within Windchill and I want to print the comments information shown within the Process Status Table.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Printing is a difficult issue to tackle. From a text wrapping issue to fit to a unknown page size, I've dealt with this for many years. We only solved this by creating our own JSP page which called out the objects, attributes and tables we wanted. From there it was a few custom data utilities and CSS modifications to get a "printable" page. The main hurdle was the default tables in Windchill want to cut off and give you internal scrollbars (printing only shows what's visible on the screen). CSS changes allowed them to display based on the number of rows and expand to fit entire window horizontally. This does not impact the OOTB Windchill pages so users will have to use a custom action to get a printable report page for what you are asking. Before you embark on this, ask yourself what are you printing this for? If its a PDF to sent to someone, that is ok but its for archival, I would recommend against. That creates multiple sources of truth. 

avillanueva_0-1638196519528.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Sadly, not that i am aware of. You can vote up this idea:
https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill-Ideas/Print-any-Windchill-page/idi-p/675508

The limitation is documented in this PTC TS CS Article:
http://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS151883

Printing is a difficult issue to tackle. From a text wrapping issue to fit to a unknown page size, I've dealt with this for many years. We only solved this by creating our own JSP page which called out the objects, attributes and tables we wanted. From there it was a few custom data utilities and CSS modifications to get a "printable" page. The main hurdle was the default tables in Windchill want to cut off and give you internal scrollbars (printing only shows what's visible on the screen). CSS changes allowed them to display based on the number of rows and expand to fit entire window horizontally. This does not impact the OOTB Windchill pages so users will have to use a custom action to get a printable report page for what you are asking. Before you embark on this, ask yourself what are you printing this for? If its a PDF to sent to someone, that is ok but its for archival, I would recommend against. That creates multiple sources of truth. 

avillanueva_0-1638196519528.png

Top Tags