cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Windchill allowing Iteration change on Released file

JB_9909913
4-Participant

Windchill allowing Iteration change on Released file

I am able to check out, modify, and check in a Released file. I am creating multiple Iterations of Released file. I do have some admin privileges, but I don't think I should be allowed to do what's described. Released Version/Iteration should be locked for Users. I don't even know where to start looking for cause. Windchill 11.1 Mo2o. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:JB_9909913)

Use two different logins - one for your normal work and one for your admin work.  It doesn't require any additional licenses.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

If you have modify rights on that object in the Released or All state, you will be able to check it out and modify it. I would look at the policy admin and View ACLS for that object. See what rights are granted.

avillanueva_1-1675274026127.png

Typically the product manager can update the released objects.   Check the "TEAM" and see what role you have for that container & check to see if the ACL (Access Control List) is set correctly.  Designers and engineers should not have access to change any released state objects.

JB_9909913
4-Participant
(To:cying)

Thanks for quick responses. I see that I am a Product Manager. I don't know where/how to access ACL.  I spend 98% of my time as a Designer and 2% helping department by doing simple tasks like renaming and fixing common user errors. Is there a way for me to retain privileges, but not accidently make that mistake while doing Design work in Creo?

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Use two different logins - one for your normal work and one for your admin work.  It doesn't require any additional licenses.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

The only way is to use 2 logins. One for your designer role and the other for the Product Manager role.

Barring that, just be careful of what you do.

Product Manager or Library Manager are basically admins for those contexts. god mode engaged.

Top Tags