cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Windchill and Active Directory integration

ptc-4798081
1-Newbie

Windchill and Active Directory integration

Hi,

I am new to Windchill (just followed Windchill admin training).

I am trying to integrate an existing Windchill 10 solution with Active Directory

I set up a JNI adapter with all the necessary ldap information to connect to Active Directory but when I try to log to Windchill with my AD user, the connection is refused.

I do not see any information about this connection attempt in the method server log files.

Did I miss a step in the configuration procedure ?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Hello,

Have you added autentifcation in apache in :
...\Apache\conf\extra\app-Windchill-AuthProvider.xml

<provider>

<name>Windchill-EnterpriseLdap</name>

<ldapUrl>ldap://ipadress/OU=Users,OU=xxx,DC=xxx,DC=local?sAMAccountName?sub?(&amp;(objectClass=user)</ldapUrl>

<bindDn>Administrator</bindDn>

<bindPwd>XXX</bindPwd>

</provider>

Next shell command :
ant -f webAppConfig.xml regenWebAppConf

Regards

Pascal

Hi Pascal.
Thank you for your answer. I did configure the app-Windchill-AuthProvider.xml file and ran the ant command.

I can now see in apache logs that my AD enterprise server is accessed during the authentication phase.

Unfortunately, I now have a password mismatch error even if I enter the correct password.

Any idea would be welcome.

tswett
12-Amethyst
(To:ptc-4798081)

For the user that you're using to authenticate via Active Directory, are you looking in the correct AD OU? Sometimes service accounts may be located in a different OU than regular company users. Also, make sure you don't lock out the account by authenticating too many times incorrectly.

You can also set wt.org=DEBUG in WT.Properties and restart the method server to see debug connection messages. **Warning that this may induce a large amount of logs for the method server**

Can you tell me where you found a guide to connect an existing windchill installation to active directory?

Article CS29445 contains instructions on connecting Windchill to Active Directory:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/case_solution.jsp?n=29445

Top Tags