cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

updating several specifications using a loader

L.Leprince
5-Regular Member

updating several specifications using a loader

We have the following need : uploading several hundreds documents related to parts, which are updates of existing documents. Is there a way to use a standard loader ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you leave version and iteration tags empty and the document exist in windchill LoadFromFile will create new document iteration (if exist 4.2 -> new is 4.3). Of course you need to know existing document number.. And if the document is new LoadFromFile will create new document which version is 1.1.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @L.Leprince 

Do the WTDocuments exist in a Windchill ? 

If not you can use a LoadFromFile function from a windchill shell where the input is in xml format.

This loader is not userfriendly but it is possible to use it.

You can find more information in the article cs355118 

very useful is a csvmapfile.txt in <wthome>\loadFiles\csvmapfile.txt

The file contains general methods what can be converted from csv to xml for loading and contains all parameters that should be defined as a input.. 

PetrH

L.Leprince
5-Regular Member
(To:HelesicPetr)

Hi @HelesicPetr ,

The WTDocuments already exist in Windchill.

Sometimes, we receive many documents which are identified as updates.

Can I still use the LoadFromFile loader ?

Thanks for your reply !

If you leave version and iteration tags empty and the document exist in windchill LoadFromFile will create new document iteration (if exist 4.2 -> new is 4.3). Of course you need to know existing document number.. And if the document is new LoadFromFile will create new document which version is 1.1.

HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II
(To:jukka)

@jukka thanks for clarifying.

I was not sure. I use LoadFromFile to crate just new objects.

PetrH 

And yes you can link existing documents to the parts via LoadFromFile.

Top Tags