cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

After company server upgrade, all text is printing very light.

ImprexMarc
3-Visitor

After company server upgrade, all text is printing very light.

I am using Creo Parametric - Release 6.0 (connected) Release 6.0 and Datecode6.0.2.0

My company had a server upgrade a few months ago. Immediately following the upgrade, all of my drawings print out with extremely light text. Everything looks the same on the screen in Creo. Everything looks the same on the screen of a PDF file of a drawing. But, when I print the PDF file, the text is very light and hard to read. This includes tables, notes, leader lines, dimensions, dimension lines, balloons. PDF files created from Creo prior to the server upgrade still print correctly (darker). Only new PDF files are printing light. Object lines in the drawing print the same before & after the upgrade. Any help you can give me to make these things print darker is greatly appreciated...

Marc

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ImprexMarc
3-Visitor
(To:TomU)

Wow, that's interesting!  First, I make the PDF from Creo (File - Save As - Export).  Then I print the PDF from Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.  If they both look identical to you (and someone else now, I see), then I wonder if it's my company copier/printer?  We did get a new company printer this summer, but I don't remember exactly when.  I could've sworn that my printing issues occurred  at the same time as our server upgrade, but we may have gotten the new printer around that same time, too.  Ugh...

Thank you for your time!

Marc

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ImprexMarc)

Maybe you lost a .pnt file (pen table file) during the upgrade.

There is a wealth of knowledge on pen tables in the community. 

https://community.ptc.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=false&filter=location&location=forum-board:partassemblydesign&q=pen%20table%20file

Thank you, Stephen.  I am not a wizard with the behind the scenes thing, but I will do some research on pen tables and see what I can figure out.  Thanks again!

Marc

@ImprexMarc wrote:

I am using Creo Parametric - Release 6.0 (connected) Release 6.0 and Datecode6.0.2.0

My company had a server upgrade a few months ago. Immediately following the upgrade, all of my drawings print out with extremely light text. Everything looks the same on the screen in Creo. Everything looks the same on the screen of a PDF file of a drawing. But, when I print the PDF file, the text is very light and hard to read. This includes tables, notes, leader lines, dimensions, dimension lines, balloons. PDF files created from Creo prior to the server upgrade still print correctly (darker). Only new PDF files are printing light. Object lines in the drawing print the same before & after the upgrade. Any help you can give me to make these things print darker is greatly appreciated...

Marc

Hi,

If you upload old and new PDF file, I can try to compare their line thickness.

Martin Hanák

Hello Martin,

Thank you for your help!  I have attached two versions of the same drawing.  The "Rev 0" PDF was created prior to the server upgrade, and the "Rev 2" PDF was created after the upgrade.  They both look the same on the screen, but when I print them out, the Rev 2 drawing has much lighter text, dimensions, table, balloons, etc.  The largest I can print here is on 11 x 17 paper, so our shop guy has a harder time reading the lighter drawings.  Thanks again for taking a look...

Marc

TomU
23-Emerald IV

They look identical when I print them.  Are you printing directly from Creo to the printer or are you opening a PDF (generated by Windchill) and sending that to the printer?  What application are you actually printing from - Creo, Adobe Acrobat, Creo View, a web browser (Windchill)?

ImprexMarc
3-Visitor
(To:TomU)

Wow, that's interesting!  First, I make the PDF from Creo (File - Save As - Export).  Then I print the PDF from Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.  If they both look identical to you (and someone else now, I see), then I wonder if it's my company copier/printer?  We did get a new company printer this summer, but I don't remember exactly when.  I could've sworn that my printing issues occurred  at the same time as our server upgrade, but we may have gotten the new printer around that same time, too.  Ugh...

Thank you for your time!

Marc

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

I printed both from Adobe Acrobat and they look identical to me, too.

Top Tags