cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

BOMs for different representations

GR_10314465
3-Visitor

BOMs for different representations

Good day.

We have a large assembly and want to break it up into smaller representations as would typically be the case. We have a large Bill of Materials (BOM) for the Master representation and then of course the smaller BOMs appear for the step-by-step assembly representations. Problem is that the index/item number changes within the smaller BOMs compared to the master rep BOM. Is there a way to match the master rep. BOM index/item number to the smaller BOM for the smaller representation?

Another problem is that the smaller representations cannot be ballooned from the large BOM as the large BOM is linked to the Master rep. Is there a way to allow ballooning a smaller representation ISO views from the Master rep. BOM?

2 REPLIES 2
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:GR_10314465)

I think you are mostly out of luck for a direct solution.

There is a product enhancement request that has a lot of work around suggestions.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Parametric-Ideas/Allow-BOM-Ballons-from-Master-Rep-Repeat-Region-to-be-displayed/idi-p/466852

There have been lots of posts over the years about this and maybe one of them will help you get to a reasonable solution!

I disliked it but one way I have seen this done is each PRT/ASM has an index number parameter for its top level ASM(s). So instead of showing the auto generated index number you point to the PRT/ASM parameter in the repeat region. I hope you can see the pitfalls of this idea.

Fix Index may do what you want but I would have to test to find out if it stays fixed in the cases you want.
Is Fix Index what you want?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us96vZ1RAfs

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags