cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Creo taking ifx_translation file from Default location , not custom library location

Vinayak_Patil
7-Bedrock

Creo taking ifx_translation file from Default location , not custom library location

Hi,

I am trying to create my custom ifx library, I have setup all parts, their catalogs and other configuration.

I have also created translation file for catalogs names and their helptext.

I have used runtime variable creation process to use custom library location.

Creo parametric is taking all components and configs from custom location but it is not taking translation file from my custom location. It is using ifx_translation file from default creo installation.

Is their any settings/config need to add , please help a=uf anyone knows.

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

you cannot use a custom setup for the ifx_translation.txt files. This is not possible right now.

IFX use the translation mechanism from Creo - this is why the translation is always be loaded from the creo/ifx installation folder.

We have an enhancement request to move the translation files to the ifx 'parts' folder and load it from there, but this is not available yet.

How many languages to you have?

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

Hi, we have 2 languages and we want to show catalogue group name in two language using help text option from translation files.

For subcomponents I think we can use Subinfo option.

Can we use same for catalogue groups ?

Hi,

you can use the ifx_translation for group and helptext as well.

Look at '#screws din_fastener' for an example.

group_helptext.png

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

Hi, Thank you for your response. I think for now I should not use the translation file as it is not useful with a custom library. 

Hi @Vinayak_Patil,

I wanted to follow up with you on your post to see if your question has been answered. 
If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. 
Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so that we can continue to help you. 

Thanks,
Anurag

Top Tags