cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Draw a tube using XYZ coordinates

hkrumnow
1-Newbie

Draw a tube using XYZ coordinates

I have a set of 4 XYZ coordinates through which I would like to draw a line, then sweep the line to create a non-planar tube. Maybe there is a better way to do this? It seems as though it should be simple to import points, drawing a line chain through the points, and then sweep the line. Help? I'm using Creo Parametric 3.0 M040. I don't have the Piping module.

POINTXYZ
30.72-3.014.40
44.91-10.834.38

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Heather,

I hope that the following procedure valid for Creo Parametric 2.0 will help you .

1.] create datum point array

step1.png

2.] create datum curve through datum array

step2.png

3.] create sweep

step3.png

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Heather,

I hope that the following procedure valid for Creo Parametric 2.0 will help you .

1.] create datum point array

step1.png

2.] create datum curve through datum array

step2.png

3.] create sweep

step3.png

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

Thank you, this was a huge help!

JLG
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:hkrumnow)

Disclaimer: I am using Creo 2, but I doubt that this has changed in Creo 3.

Use Point - Offset Coordinate System to create your points.  If you enter the first point, then you can click on the "Update values" button, then copy and paste your coordinates into the text editor.  Save, exit, and your points will be populated in the dialog.  Complete the point feature.

The short way to create your tube:  Search for the Pipe command (use the magnifying glass at top) which isn't on any ribbons but still exists, and you don't need Pro/Piping to use it.  It uses the old-style Menu Manager, but I think if you play with it a little bit you will understand the options quite quickly.

A slightly longer, but more flexible way to create your tube:  First create a Datum Curve through Points.  The UI for this is the new ribbon style. The options are similar to what you see in the pipe command, but there are more options you can explore (to control tangency etc.).  When the curve is complete, you can simply create a sweep using the curve as your trajectory and sketching any section you like.

hkrumnow
1-Newbie
(To:JLG)

Hi JLG,

Between your answer and Martin's answer I was able to figure out exactly what I need. Thank you!

I made Martin's answer Correct Answer because he answered first. But you are both correct. I don't know if I can mark both as correct?

Top Tags