cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Drawing Template and BOM table

kgwmu
1-Newbie

Drawing Template and BOM table

Hi,

I have created a format and a template for creating new drawings. In the format I have created a BOM table with 2D repeat regions, so it automatically populates when an assmebly is added to the drawing. I then created a template that uses that format. The problem I am having is that the BOM table will not populate when I create a new assembly drawing using the template. If I create a new assembly drawing using the format the BOM table populates like it should. In my attempt to figure this problem out, I have tried adding a table to the template separate from the format and I still am not getting the BOM table to populate. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? Thanks.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kgwmu
1-Newbie
(To:TomU)

yes, everything was added in the template mode.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:kgwmu)

Did you have the template in "Template" mode before applying the format to it or manually inserting the BOM?

kgwmu
1-Newbie

yes, everything was added in the template mode.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Does the BOM work correctly if the table is manually added directly to a drawing (with the assembly already present in the drawing)?

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Forget it. I forgot you already said it worked fine on the format.

What version of Creo are you running? I can do a quick test here....

kgwmu
1-Newbie

I am using creo 2. If you can open them, I will send the files over.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Yes, I have WF5, Creo 2, and Creo 3 currently installed. Feel free to PM me if you don't want them public.

kgwmu
1-Newbie

I would attach them here or in a PM but I don't see how to add a file...I only see how to add a link.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

I just sent a PM to you.

Top Tags